• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

CA Legal Lowers

henmar77

I recently bought a T/M lower from a guy on gunbroker for 220. and had it transferred to a shop in Burbank. w/taxes and transfer it was under 350. Also saw a DPMS 308 lower at Turner's outdoorsman in Pasadena a week or so ago, and it was less than 350. They are starting to show up a little more often in shops recently.

henmar77,

Contact Mark Laines on CalGuns or PM me for his email address. In the summer of 2010 he organized a HUGE group buy with JD Machine for their .308's. I ended up buying an upper receiver set directly from the JD shop over the phone. As much as I liked the set, it didn't work out for my build. If Mark can get you a deal still, I suggest the matched set...

Additionally, Dave Branson has a Mega Arms group buy  here that has a very close price to what I spent on the JD. I know for a fact that Dave can get you just the lower if that's all you are looking for.

henmar77,

Contact Mark Laines on CalGuns or PM me for his email address. In the summer of 2010 he organized a HUGE group buy with JD Machine for their .308's. I ended up buying an upper receiver set directly from the JD shop over the phone. As much as I liked the set, it didn't work out for my build. If Mark can get you a deal still, I suggest the matched set...

Additionally, Dave Branson has a Mega Arms group buy  here that has a very close price to what I spent on the JD. I know for a fact that Dave can get you just the lower if that's all you are looking for.

Thanks for the info. I would prefer having the set from either of those companies. I Like them both. However, everything i have prices for them is 650+. I wonder what thier deal price would be....

The prices can't be posted online, as a deal made with the manufacturer. The cost is way below MSRP.

To give you an idea... I bought a AR15 lower through a group buy. The lower+shipping+DROS was cheaper than the best listed price I found online.

Thats great. However AR15 parts are low in general and they have sales all the time. the 308 on the otherhand the lowers or sets are always expensive and even when they are discounted its not very much. So im just hoping that what ever it turns out to be is significant. I have a very low budjet on this build. thank you again for the info.

I heard Chris Haddadian of Addax Tactical once mention that he carries Tactical Machining lower receivers in his show room. They also have their own name-brand receiver but it costs $350.

I can tell you from experience that Addax is exceptional quality. I have only read countless reviews and handled JD products but can honestly say that I am highly impressed with what I've seen and fully intend to invest in them.

Both Addax and JD have great reputations. So it sounds like you're in a good spot actually.

I am about to begin building my first AR 308 and was going to build something as close to the DPMS SASS as I could, including and SASS barrel, handguard etc.  As far as the lower though, I thought DPMS was banned by name in California - specifically, the list says "DPMS Panther (All)".  Because of this I was going to use a MA-Ten lower, or something comparable in my build,

Are these DPMS lowers not Panther lowers?

I am about to begin building my first AR 308 and was going to build something as close to the DPMS SASS as I could, including and SASS barrel, handguard etc.  As far as the lower though, I thought DPMS was banned by name in California - specifically, the list says "DPMS Panther (All)".  Because of this I was going to use a MA-Ten lower, or something comparable in my build,

Are these DPMS lowers not Panther lowers?

There are DMPS lowers being made without the Panther Arms in the logo. They are already being distributed to shops in CA.