• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

NIKON M-308 SCOPES

It looks as though Nikon is paying attention. Scopes specifically for the 308 AR. If they are priced right Nikon will have a winner here.

The new M-308 4-16x42 represents Nikon’s Precision AR Optic technology for heavier caliber rifles capable of long-range accuracy. Designed for extreme sighting speed and superior long-range accuracy with the popular 308 Win AR platform rifles, the new M-308 4-16x42 features a choice of either the new BDC 800 reticle, or Nikoplex reticle and precise Rapid Action Turrets, each calibrated for the trajectory of the .308 Win/7.62 NATO Match round with 168gr. HPBT bullet. The high magnification range zoom makes it the ideal optic for AR10 platforms as well as for long range bolt action rifle applications. Includes M-308 one-piece mount, with built-in 20 MOA slope.

The new M-308 4-16x42 represents Nikon’s Precision AR Optic technology for heavier caliber rifles capable of long-range accuracy. Designed for extreme sighting speed and superior long-range accuracy with the popular 308 Win AR platform rifles, the new M-308 4-16x42 features a choice of either the new BDC 800 reticle, or Nikoplex reticle and precise Rapid Action Turrets, each calibrated for the trajectory of the .308 Win/7.62 NATO Match round with 168gr. HPBT bullet. The high magnification range zoom makes it the ideal optic for AR10 platforms as well as for long range bolt action rifle applications. Includes M-308 one-piece mount, with built-in 20 MOA slope

The new M-308 4-16x42 represents Nikon’s Precision AR Optic technology for heavier caliber rifles capable of long-range accuracy. Designed for extreme sighting speed and superior long-range accuracy with the popular 308 Win AR platform rifles, the new M-308 4-16x42 features a choice of either the new BDC 800 reticle, or Nikoplex reticle and precise Rapid Action Turrets, each calibrated for the trajectory of the .308 Win/7.62 NATO Match round with 168gr. HPBT bullet. The high magnification range zoom makes it the ideal optic for AR10 platforms as well as for long range bolt action rifle applications. Includes M-308 one-piece mount, with built-in 20 MOA slope.

post-1-136297275993_thumb.png

post-1-136297276003_thumb.jpg

post-1-136297276011_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...

Hi Guys  I think that the nikon ar 308 scope is a bad buy. Ive bought 2 Monarch 8x32x50 scopes and they had the ed glass....they cost just bout the same price...but geez look at the better optics you get with the Monarch...and for 90 bucks more you can have a custom turret built by Nikon  for your specific ammo....just sayin :)  Wash

Ive bought 2 Monarch 8x32x50 scopes and they had the ed glass....

Wash, there are three (3) of those - which ones did you get? 

8-32x50ED SF (fine crosshair w/ dot)

8-32x50ED SF (Nikoplex)

8-32x50ED SF (BDC)

I can tell you that max internal adjustment on all three of those is 20MOA. 

On the M-308, you get the hash marks out to 800, and max internal adjustment is 40MOA.  Combine that with a 20MOA rail or scope mounts, and you've far out-distanced those Monarchs that are available, for this platform.  <thumbsup>

Hi 98  the Monarchs I have  are the 8-32x50ED SF (BDC)  they cost 545 bills where I found em.... farthest  we have shot em is 500 yds ...one has the custom turret ....it starts with a 200 yd zero can go down or up to 700 yds using the FGMM 168gr....the other one I have dunno how far out it will take me  but I think the glass would be superior to the ar308...well at least the magnification/glass and if needed to reach out and touch something I can always get a sloped moa scope mount for it

:)  Wash

When I was scope shopping, couldn't figure out why some Monarchs were twice as much as others, as dipwads on GB were just advertising them as "Nikon Monarchs".

Once I realized there were 1" tube Monarchs and 30mm tube Monarch Golds, I shopped a bit more.

That will probably be my choice when I replace the Redfield on the Freedom Machine.

Wonder if anyone will trade me a 30mm Nikon 223 mount for a 1"...

Jon

Jon, I haven't seen the Monarch Gold yet - that's some serious adjustment!  :o

Wash, you hit those scopes for some damn good prices, too!  <thumbsup>

Hi 98    bought both off the net after shopping for days on the first buy  545 is a heck of a deal I think...you would laff your azz off if you knew where they came from  when you see the invoice....I couldnt stop laffin..but im also kinda of a hater of this evil place....does that give you the clue? :)  Wash

Not me...where is it?

<munch>

Jon

Hey Jon    the website is one of those weby type sites....you know kinda generic funkey looking and selling everything under the sun....I threw the dice on the first scope...price was too good!

so bout three days later the scope is on my doorstep....open it up look at the invoice

Bentonville Ar ..  yep    <laughs>  Wallmart <laughs>  the "evil empire" ....came right from the "mothership "    if anyone wants a great deal on scopes pm me...cause I dont wanna give out the website to any  just any passerby  :)  Wash

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Wash, there are three (3) of those - which ones did you get? 

8-32x50ED SF (fine crosshair w/ dot)

8-32x50ED SF (Nikoplex)

8-32x50ED SF (BDC)

I can tell you that max internal adjustment on all three of those is 20MOA. 

On the M-308, you get the hash marks out to 800, and max internal adjustment is 40MOA.  Combine that with a 20MOA rail or scope mounts, and you've far out-distanced those Monarchs that are available, for this platform.  <thumbsup>

98Z    oooopsies...as usual you are correct sir about the 20 moa adjustment on the big monarch I have....took it out today to give it its weekly fondling.....and yes I do have the 20 moa slope nikon cantilever scope mount on it and forgot to mention that critical piece of info in my previuos thread.....cause really the 20moa has to be divided in half actually when you do the mechanical zero right?...so you had to be thinkin I was full of it saying I was shootin 500yds with this scope... <laughs> it wont get there without the 20 moa slope built in to the  Nikon mount  thats on it!  :)Wash

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I'll take that link too if things are still good.

So how is the M-308 holding up after so hands on out there. I am looking for my scope, can't spend a ton, and I keep coming back to the Nikon 308. When I look at other scopes and what they offer, seems this is a good deal with the mount. I'm not sure if the BDC reticle is worth the extra. Any thoughts?

Anything else to consider with what this has to offer against something else?