• Visit Sportsmans Guide

Magazines for the lar 8

12ptdroptine

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 9 months later...

On the subject of blocking the mag to make it legal to hunt with , I used a piece of wood that fit lose inside the spring  { think shotgun plug } of a M1A/M14 mag . Sanded it smooth worked good . 

Should add the edges were sanded off a bit so as not to catch on the spring . 

Edited by rck

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
1 hour ago, GraterIN said:

Thermold has 50% off all their mags through end of day today, I have an Elite Operator and all of the 20 rd thermold mags I have work in it with no modifications, they do not drop out when released but for their price I am happy with them.

Welcome to the forum.  Feel free to post in the introduction section.

Edited by Armed Eye Doc

12 minutes ago, unforgiven said:

Welcome from Indiana, Northwest corner. What part of the are you ? Even Rock River poly mags recommend a little filing to work better for release. Try that. I have the Standard Operator.

Yup.  Had to do that with a few of my poly mags. 

I'm still amazed at how much lighter the poly mags are compared to the FAL steel mags.

• 1 month later...

an update on my 1/2 price mag order from Thermold, I ordered 2 of the 10 round mags and 2 of the 5 round mags, Thermold emailed me following week and said due to unexpected high demand they were out of stock, they could cancel my order or they could ship in couple weeks.  I told them I was fine with waiting couple weeks. they went ahead and hit my credit card for the purchase.  Starting late December i emailed them every 10 days requesting status update on my order, emailed them 3X, never got a response.  So I called couple weeks ago, got voicemail in middle of business day, left message, no response yet.  Late last week I submitted dispute with my credit card company to try and get my $ refunded.

I am fine with continuing to wait but not getting any response whatsoever really set off the warning bells, it is too bad, they are an American company and I will go out of my way to buy American and am willing to pay extra for that premium.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 2 years later...
On 12/9/2012 at 2:44 PM, 12ptdroptine said:

Who can tell me what and where to get for magazines for my 308. I have a couple 20 rd polymer ones that seem to work good. I have a 5rd and a 3rd ordered that are both metal.That should cover most hunting laws. But I would like to get a couple 10rd mags. I just like the way they fit and the balance. No need at this time to add any unnecessary weight. By the time I get a light and other extras its getting a little chubby <dontknow>

Thanks all

Drop

Look up magazines for the L1A1 inch pattern the fal mags are metric pattern and a little sloppy, also try the L4A1 30 rd mags.