• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

LR 308 Camo

I joined this site a while back, and I wanted to say thank you to everyone for all the great info here!

I recently traded my AR 15 for this LR 308. It had a not so great paint job on it, and when I stripped it the black factory finish just didnt look good, so I decided to do a camo paint job that was similar to Atac. Once it was done I bought a Millet scope with the Atac camo already on it. As it turned out they matched pretty well.

As a side note, I'm quite impressed with the accuracy of this rifle. It has no problem holding 3/4" groups at 100 yards.

photobucket-37436-1349913890543.jpg

photobucket-38793-1349913993494.jpg

What did you use to paint the rifle? Duracoat, krylon? Looks awesome. <thumbsup>

I know some cringe at the thought of it, but I used Krylon. I like it that I can change or repair it easily, and it is actually a lot more durable that I thought it would be.

I really appreciate the compliments guys!

Thanks, I have no qualms about using krylon. I'm fixin to paint an old redfield scope, then my rifle in due time. I want to do a desert tan or coyote brown base, unsure about which one though. Then replicate a rattlesnake skin affect ( w/ laundry bag mesh drapped over rifle) w/ a dark copper and OD green pattern.

• 10 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...