• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

110 gr. loads

Ironically, I haven't even started loading for this caliber yet.  I've got ALOT of 5.56 brass to convert, but haven't even shopped for projectiles.  Not in this current climate.  I'll probably wait until the end of summer to even start on the brass, honestly.  Really looking forward to loading this up.  <thumbsup>

I have a poop load of 110 gr. bullets on the way . Speer ,Barnes , & Hornady's, when I get them I will start loading & get some Chrono data for us.

Can't wait .

So, I can't write $hit, changes it to poop , well I don't poop Drew I Sheit. >:D

Edited by survivalshop

I feel like a dumbass now, but when all this panic started and I was looking for components, the only .30 cal on the shelves arounf here was 110gr to 125gr.  I walked away, thinking "No way am I putting that light stuff in my AR..."  Didn't even consider 300BLK loadings at the time.

I just wanna kick myself...  :binkybaby:

[

quote name="98Z5V" post="66612" timestamp="1368489115"]I feel like a dumbass now, but when all this panic started and I was looking for components, the only .30 cal on the shelves arounf here was 110gr to 125gr.  I walked away, thinking "No way am I putting that light stuff in my AR..."  Didn't even consider 300BLK loadings at the time.

I just wanna kick myself...  :binkybaby:

• 2 weeks later...

Made & Chronograph'ed some loads & some surprises.

110 gr. Sierra HP ( Varmint bullets )

19 grs. H110 powder 

Avg. Vol. --2280 fps

ES----------82 fps

SD----------24 fps

110 gr. Barnes TSX

19 grs. H110 powder

Avg. Vol. --2341 fps

ES---------24 fps

SD --------- 9 fps

A Nosler 125 gr. load was compared because I loaded the same powder charge for them , a year ago.

125 gr. Nosler BT 

19 grs. H110 powder

Avg. Vol. --2195 fps

ES ---------174 fps

SD ---------  62 fps

Both the 110 gr. loads were well over the stated FPS in the loading data of 2100 fps. 

No over pressure signs were evident in the cases or primers . 

The Sierra bullets were loaded in RP 300BLK cases & the Barnes bullets were loaded in cut down & formed ,LC brass.

The Sierra bullets with there large HP feed for the most part fine , although when double tapping at the end of the testing ,I did have a FTF on the last round . 

The Barns bullet shot real nice with the results & @ 100 yards & I want to do more long range testing with this load out to 200 yrds.

Its funny , I know it was only twenty yards for the data from the Chronograph , but I shot ten rounds of each load & it put just a small hole in the target . You would have thought that, one of the loads would have went a stray. I mean I had three different bullets & one was heaver than the other two , go figure.

The Sierra bullets COL can be played with & I will make them longer next loading ( I will see if Sierra has something on there sight ). The Barnes load COL was from Rsilvers (ACC fame ) 

I will take some photo's of the cartridges for viewing.

• 1 month later...

Natchez

I got a email from Midway saying they were in as an alert , by the time I responded they were all gone , three minutes , from the email time & me to check it . 

I had already ordered them from Natchez , so no problem & I think they were less expensive also.

I look through Natchez almost hourly when at home , just to catch things I need , my list now very small a days .