• Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Shadow Ops has 308 US NiB BCGs for $236

EasyEJL

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's afternoon now. A package was just delivered to me. A Shadow Ops NiB AR308 complete bolt carrier. This thing is gorgeous! You have to look hard to see any machining marks on it. I can see a machining "line" on the flat on top of the carrier, but my finger can't feel it. The machining inside the tunnel at the back seems a bit rough. The front of the gas key is nicely chamfered, and the key is staked. This is almost a work of art. I don't know what the dimensions are supposed to be, but I'll take it home and slip it into its upper, see if it likes its new home. I'll see if I can take some pics and post them. No promises.

:wwop:  Had to do it brother. :hethan:

Yeah, yeah, yeah. I'll try and get some pics up tonight.

Over on youtube.com check out "thewhitetigerknight". His 308AR build uses a Rainier BCG, and I strongly suspect that is the same source as the Shadow Ops BCG. It looks identical to mine right down to the minor machining marks.

Just out of curiosity, what barrels are you guys using with this BCG?  And for those of you guys who already received them, have you checked the headspace yet?

I'm planning to use a Rainier Arms Select 20" - Black or a MEGA 20" barrel.  Just got a huge order of other parts in and need to find one of these in stock somewhere and I can finish out my build!

• 2 weeks later...

I was doing some research on 308 BCGs and ended up on Barfcom. There was a thread there (complete with excessive whining) about a bunch of their new 308 bolts having bad machining. The bearing surfaces were rough, machine marks were prevelant, pitting, etc. Anyway, I took out my Shadow Ops just to see if there was anything to complain about. Boy, is it smooth. Not just to look at but to touch as well. We really got a great supplier here.

^^^^ I agree. I looked mine over when it came in. It looked fine. Nice machining. No extra ridges or valleys......that the eye could perceive. Now.....with that being said. I haven't even started gathering other parts for this build yet. So it'll be a while before I know if it goes "bang" reliably. But just from the visual impressions.......it looks like it'll be ok.

More to follow (as it becomes available).

That's reassuring ^^^

I ordered one on 9/2 so my "18" days will be up tomorrow.  Stills shows order processing on their site.  I guess we'll find out tomorrow if they actually fulfill their 18 day shipping claim.

How long did it take for you guys to get yours?

• 3 weeks later...