• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Shadow Ops Weaponry BCG?

SwissyJim

Anyone know anything about these guys? Saw this news flash on AR15News

http://www.ar15news.com/2013/08/03/great-deal-high-quality-nickel-boron-308-bcg-218/

It has all the right stuff it would seem... just not sure if they are known at all? Plus the deal thru AR15News is a pretty damn good price. I have my Harris Tact BCG, but never hurts to have a spare,

There is a post in the General section about this BCG ,  I & others ,ordered one , at a slightly higher price . Mine was $ 233. to my door . Will give it a look over when it gets here .

Sorry... guess I need to look/search more. Just figured it would be in the 'parts' area! I might just have to get a backup...

• 9 months later...

Has anyone been able to get one of these - they've had my money for a month and a half and won't reply to my

request for a update on the status of my order, their website just says "processing" are these guys trustworthy? Thanks

send me your order # and i'll look into it

BCG works just fine in my 16" build . Only have a couple hundred rounds with it, but after cleaning it the other day , it still looks like I just took it out of the box.

I love mine, but the NiB BCG seems to take on a light gray/black stain that just won't come clean. I tried the Fireclean on it and it doesn't seem to clean up any better than regular cleaning with Hoppe's #9. Other than that cosmetic item, it's a great BCG.

I love mine, but the NiB BCG seems to take on a light gray/black stain that just won't come clean. I tried the Fireclean on it and it doesn't seem to clean up any better than regular cleaning with Hoppe's #9. Other than that cosmetic item, it's a great BCG.

There's a couple stories out there of NiB "burning" and changing colors. The reason behind it is different each time; inadequate lube, wrong kind if lube, bad loads, poor quality parts/build. The list of possible reasons goes on and on... The only constant is that even with the color change, the NiB coating holds strong and continues to perform.

• 1 month later...

These guys must be really backed up or ran into issues with their supplier? I'm still waiting on that BCG, it's now passed the 3 month point - I can get custom built $10,000. hydraulic pumps from Parker Hannifin in less time! This is the main thing holding me up on my build, hopefully I'll be able to get some rounds through it before summer is over!