• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Genesis CNC
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Patriot Outfitters
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Announcements

• Recent forum updates   08/21/2015

Ladies and Gentlemen (and Tom), The forum has recently been migrated to new forum software. To those of you who have been here a while, please realize that it will take some time to get everything working. If you have just joined the site recently, we're very pleased to have you as well. Please be patient while the wrinkles get ironed out of the new system. Thanks!   Matt
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Shadow Ops Weaponry BCG?

21 posts in this topic

Posted

There is a post in the General section about this BCG ,  I & others ,ordered one , at a slightly higher price . Mine was $ 233. to my door . Will give it a look over when it gets here .

Posted

That is a great looking part brother,to bad it isn't RRA compatible.

Posted

There is a post in the General section about this BCG ,  I & others ,ordered one , at a slightly higher price . Mine was $ 233. to my door . Will give it a look over when it gets here .

Sorry... guess I need to look/search more. Just figured it would be in the 'parts' area! I might just have to get a backup...

Posted

I don't think he meant anything about needing to search around more first...just letting you know where she was. No need to apologize, that was a pretty logical assumption you made.

Here's the thread.

Posted

Sorry... guess I need to look/search more. Just figured it would be in the 'parts' area! I might just have to get a backup...

There was just more posts on it  in that section , just wanted you to know .

Posted

Haha! No worries... I am on a few boards where the motto is 'Read More, Post Less and Search Often'! I know better...   LMAO

Be curious to see if the quality is good...  $218 for a 308 BCG seems damn good.

Posted

Ya, can't wait to play with one .

Posted

Everything those guys put out seems to be high quality and priced great.

Posted

We go through a lot of effort to do that :)

Posted

Has anyone been able to get one of these - they've had my money for a month and a half and won't reply to my

request for a update on the status of my order, their website just says "processing" are these guys trustworthy? Thanks

Posted

Yep. A couple of us guys got one of these. It took a little time for mine also. Haven't built the rifle yet that I bought it for, so I can't speak as far as function. But it looks pretty well made.

Posted

Has anyone been able to get one of these - they've had my money for a month and a half and won't reply to my

request for a update on the status of my order, their website just says "processing" are these guys trustworthy? Thanks

send me your order # and i'll look into it

Posted

BCG works just fine in my 16" build . Only have a couple hundred rounds with it, but after cleaning it the other day , it still looks like I just took it out of the box.

post-11255-0-62534300-1400081010_thumb.j

post-11255-0-60282300-1400081060_thumb.j

post-11255-0-46096000-1400081119_thumb.j

post-11255-0-74292400-1400081178_thumb.j

post-11255-0-92354600-1400081249_thumb.j

Posted

BCG works just fine in my 16" build . Only have a couple hundred rounds with it, but after cleaning it the other day , it still looks like I just took it out of the box.

I love mine, but the NiB BCG seems to take on a light gray/black stain that just won't come clean. I tried the Fireclean on it and it doesn't seem to clean up any better than regular cleaning with Hoppe's #9. Other than that cosmetic item, it's a great BCG.

Posted

I love mine, but the NiB BCG seems to take on a light gray/black stain that just won't come clean. I tried the Fireclean on it and it doesn't seem to clean up any better than regular cleaning with Hoppe's #9. Other than that cosmetic item, it's a great BCG.

There's a couple stories out there of NiB "burning" and changing colors. The reason behind it is different each time; inadequate lube, wrong kind if lube, bad loads, poor quality parts/build. The list of possible reasons goes on and on... The only constant is that even with the color change, the NiB coating holds strong and continues to perform.

Posted (edited)

send me your order # and i'll look into it

PM Sent, Thanks for your help

Also, to everyone that gave their feedback 

Thank You, I can't wait for this BGC to finally arrive!

Edited by guruofhotrod

Posted

... bad loads, poor quality parts/build.

Them's fightin' words! :auto:

Posted

I found that the best way to get in touch with Shadow Ops is through their facebook page.  I really like my lower, but it took awhile to get.

Posted

Them's fightin' words! :auto:

Lol. I burned my .308 a little. I ran it for over a year without any lube.... just to prove a good build doesnt need lube. It ran 100% the whole time. I never even cleaned it the whole time.

Ive switched to FireClean since then.

Posted

These guys must be really backed up or ran into issues with their supplier? I'm still waiting on that BCG, it's now passed the 3 month point - I can get custom built $10,000. hydraulic pumps from Parker Hannifin in less time! This is the main thing holding me up on my build, hopefully I'll be able to get some rounds through it before summer is over!