• Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Matrix Aerospace

Boeingpilot767

looks to me to be armalite. If it looks like that one below, its armalite AR10

514793-ar-10-stripped-upper-and-amp-lowe

if it looks like this, its DPMS LR308

BRO_308.jpg

if you look at the back where the buffer tower is, you can see that its curved on DPMS style, and a straight angle on AR10

Overall though it mostly matters for barrel nut. Your BCG and barrel have to match - so you could use an LR308 barrel, so long as its with a LR308 BCG. the lower parts kits are virtually identical, there are only a few pieces that are even different for AR15s.

Its more about what you want to use it for, and how deep your wallet goes :D

budget and timing matters for the barrel. You might have to wait 6 months for some specific ones, and the price can range from $250-over $600.

If its a hog hunter, then you are looking at unlikely to be shooting much over 200 yards, so a super high end barrel isn't necessary. Rainier Arms, Palmetto state armory, and Fulton tend to have decent prices on what they sell.

I'm an LR308 person, so I don't really know much about the AR10 choices beyond that.

Well if you want to keep it Armalite it will me slow going for sure. Maybe you can send an email and or pm to member mrraley and see if he can help you out with something from his personal stash. Alternatively skip the Armalite website and call to see what they can offer. Armalite sometimes has barrels from their custom shop. Also as was mentioned earlier a call to Rainier might be helpful

Keep in mind also, that the AR10-A pattern was made up to accept the Pmags. All of mine are the traditional 10-B pattern. So I can't say for 100%. Not sure if SR25/DPMS parts may work in this beast. As Drew said, may be best to email mrraley or just give Armalite a call to hammer down some more details.

Sorry fella's. I'm not much help on the A pattern.

Just scanned the Armalite site briefly. It sounds like most parts could be interchangeable between platforms (A or B ). Probably (just guessing) the mag release will be different since it's made to accept Pmags. I'd still give Armalite a call just to confirm though.

Edited by Rsquared

Keep in mind also, that the AR10-A pattern was made up to accept the Pmags. All of mine are the traditional 10-B pattern. So I can't say for 100%. Not sure if SR25/DPMS parts may work in this beast. As Drew said, may be best to email mrraley or just give Armalite a call to hammer down some more details.

Sorry fella's. I'm not much help on the A pattern.

I can't keep that stuff straight, between 10A and 10B, but one day I'm gonna have the one that accepts the Pmags. 

That would be the A pattern brother. That's the primary difference of the A and B. They made the A just so people could use the Pmags. I'm already deeply entrenched in the B side.......and I've got plenty of mags for them. :auto:

Glad all I have to keep straight is FAL mags and AR15 mags.  Hunh?  HUNH?!?   :catfight:     <laughs>

Let me get some love brother Rene!! 

That right there stings.  Right at the corner of the eye.  Hurts, for RRA guys - since their schit is so different from everything else.

Reminds me - RRA pattern is the pattern that Bushmaster left behind...  <lmao>

What?!  It's the truth!  <dontknow>