• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

A decision has been made - SI DEFENSE Build

imschur

After a bit of pondering I decided on an SI DEFENSE build. I would have like to try the Fail Zero stuff as well as the new bolt carrier group but it's too much for the budget on this weapon.

I ordered a Generation II upper today and will order the lower next week after I complete a side job for cash :)

Details to follow  <thumbsup>

A UPS label was printed for my upper today. I hope it made it out the door.  8)

Im going to order the lower when I see my local dealer about sending an FFL for the MA-TEN. Two lowers with one trip. Im also having second thought about using the DPMS SASS barrel I have on hand. It seems underkill  ;D

We are only talking semi autos here right?

Honestly, that depends on what you're hiding from us.  Bolts, or autos?  <munch> <lmao>

If it's autos, then you gotta spill the beans.  Well, if it's bolt guns, - why you holdin' out, man?  <dontknow>

• 2 weeks later...

These GG&G bipods are great and not quite as heavy as they appear. Too bad they are so friggin expensive though. Im actually hoping to have a Bobro though for this build and theres a pretty good chance it will happen.  <thumbsup>

BTW thats the new 15.5" VTAC. I havent seen one in the wild yet.

• 3 weeks later...

I had a typo in my post. I missed the key word "NOT"

I believe we are fortunate with the 308 hardware that so far there isnt really a crap brand. Not being a Milspec we are seeing creative differences in the hardware and not seeing no name generic crap. Of course there are manufacturing and material differences as well among the brands.

While purists do exist I dont think we promote any sort "Elitism" with regards to hardware at this site.