imschur

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 months later...

Another new guy, was very happy to find this forum. Been around guns all my 55 years but just now getting into the modern sporting rifles. My eldest son and I are "building" or shall I say personalizing, an AR-10TBNF he just purchased. We live in northern Nevada, but due to time and distance I don't get to see him often enough.

He is hoping to add some tricks to the rifle, but right now he is recovering from the cash outlay of the purchase, so "Dad" is helping him find the stuff to trick it out. Since I am retired and have the time to help him plan to spend his money.  ;D

He would like to make it an honest 600 yard rifle, he is former military and can do his part. I think the Vortex Scope that Midway has the exclusive on is what he is looking at, in his price range and I think sufficient for the work.

It has been a long, long time since I priced optics, I can't believe the prices these days. I have a 1966 Bushnell Scope Chief 3x9 my father bought new from Bushnell in LA. He paid less than $125 for it.

It is mounted on the 1972 Remington Model 700 BDL in 7mm Rem. Mag. he bought the next year. The combo is still dead nut at 300 yards. The glass was recharged by Bushnell in 1980, and they sent a note along with the scope offering to buy it if he ever wanted to sell.

Not likely...

Anyway, happy to be here, don't know much but plan to learn...

Another new guy, was very happy to find this forum. Been around guns all my 55 years but just now getting into the modern sporting rifles. My eldest son and I are "building" or shall I say personalizing, an AR-10TBNF he just purchased. We live in northern Nevada, but due to time and distance I don't get to see him often enough.

He is hoping to add some tricks to the rifle, but right now he is recovering from the cash outlay of the purchase, so "Dad" is helping him find the stuff to trick it out. Since I am retired and have the time to help him plan to spend his money.  ;D

He would like to make it an honest 600 yard rifle, he is former military and can do his part. I think the Vortex Scope that Midway has the exclusive on is what he is looking at, in his price range and I think sufficient for the work.

It has been a long, long time since I priced optics, I can't believe the prices these days. I have a 1966 Bushnell Scope Chief 3x9 my father bought new from Bushnell in LA. He paid less than $125 for it.

It is mounted on the 1972 Remington Model 700 BDL in 7mm Rem. Mag. he bought the next year. The combo is still dead nut at 300 yards. The glass was recharged by Bushnell in 1980, and they sent a note along with the scope offering to buy it if he ever wanted to sell.

Not likely...

Anyway, happy to be here, don't know much but plan to learn...

Welcome from Oklahoma!  I'm a forum newbie myself but have spent quite a bit of time on here lately and have really enjoyed it.  I'm in the market for a decent optic myself and have looked at some of the Vortex offerings. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just signed up folks. I purchased a POF P308, 20" bbl model a couple of months ago. I mounted a Leupold 6.5-20X40 EFR on it in Nikon P Series rings. I've only had a chance to run 80 rnds of Winchester 147gr FMJ through it and it shows promise. I'll be looking the site over checking out everyones experiences and comments. Thanks, Hitman.

I couldn't agree more that this site is great and nearly everyone I have spoken to has been very helpful. Some other forums always seem to have the consistent snide comments by a number of members. My first few posts definately had some improper term references and yet I never got sh!t for it, only those that tried to help/educate.

I couldn't agree more that this site is great and nearly everyone I have spoken to has been very helpful. Some other forums always seem to have the consistent snide comments by a number of members. My first few posts definately had some improper term references and yet I never got sh!t for it, only those that tried to help/educate.

Pretty tight knit group of guys here, but we're not exclusive at all. People generally stick around because the value of good attitudes and good treatment becomes quickly apparent. The tiny number of people who have weeded themselves out have all done so in record time. Great community here!