• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Just joined the 308 AR crowd last week, picked up a Sig 716 and can't wait to get to a range.

Fixed it for ya! ;)

Just an FYI, the AR-10 is brand specific to Armalite. We are particular about differentiating because there are proprietary differences between the AR-10 and other large AR platforms. It's important to us that newcomers don't experience difficulties arising from nomenclature misuse.

Windstorm aside, welcome to the forums! :)

Fixed it for ya! ;)

Just an FYI, the AR-10 is brand specific to Armalite. We are particular about differentiating because there are proprietary differences between the AR-10 and other large AR platforms. It's important to us that newcomers don't experience difficulties arising from nomenclature misuse.

Windstorm aside, welcome to the forums! :)

Thank you for clarifying that. I was not aware. So my AR 308 which is Detroit Gun Works is a 308 AR, not an AR-10?

Thank you for clarifying that. I was not aware. So my AR 308 which is Detroit Gun Works is a 308 AR, not an AR-10?

It has been a while since I saw a DGW receiver set, does the upper have a 90° single radius profile, or is it angled with two radiused corners?

Calling all 308AR's an "AR-10" is like calling every sports car a "Corvette". While the terminology works around an unknowing crowd, calling a Mustang a Corvette while at a car club would be considered a faux pas.

It's a common mistake made by those who are new to the rifle. No insult taken, nor meant to be exchanged.

The main fact is that Armalite owns the name AR-10. Calling any other brand an AR-10, is technically incorrect.