Welcome to 308ar.com!

imschur

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It has been a while since I saw a DGW receiver set, does the upper have a 90° single radius profile, or is it angled with two radiused corners?

Not sure what you mean? I would post a pic but doesn't seem that I can. Looks like to me it's 90' with a single radius. Sorry.

• 2 weeks later...

Calling all 308AR's an "AR-10" is like calling every sports car a "Corvette". While the terminology works around an unknowing crowd, calling a Mustang a Corvette while at a car club would be considered a faux pas.

It's a common mistake made by those who are new to the rifle. No insult taken, nor meant to be exchanged.

The main fact is that Armalite owns the name AR-10. Calling any other brand an AR-10, is technically incorrect.

Wouldn't you say it's just semantics at that point?  

• 2 weeks later...

Hi folks - I love the site and the "build it" attitude and resources. After shooting a friends DPMS 308 last summer I decided to skip over the 223 stage and picked a lightly used (guessing less than 100 rounds through it) DPMS LR-308 at a gun show a few months back - at a price I couldn't ignore (no complaints from my wife). I love the gun and plan to make a few upgrades over time, but I really want to learn the skills to build them.

• 1 month later...

Hi. New guy behind the lines in CA (or the Democratic People's Republic of Kommiefornia as I prefer).

Built a .308 AR in May, now about ready to throw it downrange by the barrel.  Been lurking on the site for a while just finally decided to post since this is the only real dedicated .308 AR forum out there.

• 1 month later...

Just joined and am learning for my first AR 308 build. Retired military Pit Snipe.

Welcome, introduce yourself in the introduction forum. Start a different thread for any questions you have about your build. There are many people here who have probably done what you are considering. 

PS Thak you for your service.

Edited by Armed Eye Doc
Adding

• 7 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey all.  New to the site (been lurking for a few weeks) and wanted to say hello from the horrible state of Illinois.  

Got my first "AR" style weapon (CMMG MK 3 T) a few weeks ago.  First time I've really messed with one since I was in the Corps (99-05).   Whole different world setting this up compared to an M16A2 but I'm liking the customization ability and am very familiar with the knockdown power of the .308 bullet.  My dad hand loads in both .308 WIN and .300 WBY. for both of us for our deer rifles.  

Looking forwards to speaking with everyone in the near future.

20 minutes ago, SgtB said:

Hey all.  New to the site (been lurking for a few weeks) and wanted to say hello from the horrible state of Illinois.  

Got my first "AR" style weapon (CMMG MK 3 T) a few weeks ago.  First time I've really messed with one since I was in the Corps (99-05).   Whole different world setting this up compared to an M16A2 but I'm liking the customization ability and am very familiar with the knockdown power of the .308 bullet.  My dad hand loads in both .308 WIN and .300 WBY. for both of us for our deer rifles.  

Looking forwards to speaking with everyone in the near future.

Welcome to the forum where abouts in IL are you? I'm north of Rockford 45 min or so on the better side of the boarder