• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

PT

Sisco

the weight of most AR308's is pretty substantial, and a good general physical fitness program gives the strength and stamina to make anyone a better shot, particularly in an active shooting environment such as hunting, three gun matches, etc. I would be curious to hear what different members of different ages do to keep in shape and ward off the couch potato bulge. Magwa, I know you are a runner. In that mountain air you live in that probably gives you one heck of a lung capacity for endurance. I hit the gym regularly , right now I have a five day a week program of stairmaster, elliptical and free weights going. A couple of bilateral vertabrae stenosis limit my running. But I am always looking for new ideas. Any body got any? I looked through past posts but didn't see anything on this. Unless I missed it.

Edited by Sisco

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait a minute...

There's a way to get rid of this bulge?!  Dude!  Where's your fitness video being sold?  :banana:

You can't fight genetics. Unless I go on a starvation diet, I am still gonna have a build like that old pro wrestler, The Crusher. That and I like food too much. But the more I work out, the more of it is muscle. Plus, I am 66 now and can still take a ten mile hike no problem. Thing I can't do are situps and leg lifts because of my back, so I am trying to figure out another way to work my gut. For me at this age, it's about a few more years able to do the things I want. Chasing the opposite sex around the retirement home is not in my short term plan.

on Sunday my wife had a hair appointment at the mall, so I took the kids. I forgot the stroller. then my daughter didn't want to play...she wanted to walk around and look at stores. I had to haul the car seat and the diaper bag around the mall for 1.5 hours. THAT was brutal. screw your sissy gym regiment.

^^^ right on blue!! I framed a three story house ( with one other) lost 15 lbs back and neck were out for two weeks had to ( macho up) and worked thorough the pain I'm sure it will kill me sooner than later!

Last house was about 5 years ago. I really hate stairs right now!!post-12857-0-33375200-1416965113_thumb.jpost-12857-0-78337500-1416965137_thumb.j

^^^ right on blue!! I framed a three story house ( with one other) lost 15 lbs back and neck were out for two weeks had to ( macho up) and worked thorough the pain I'm sure it will kill me sooner than later!

Last house was about 5 years ago. I really hate stairs right now!!attachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpg

Might try an inversion table, helped me a lot with my back issue.

Diet, Exercise, Genetics.  You can control two of those.  

The longest distance I run with any regularity is two miles and most of my work are 800 meter repeats and  some sprint work.  Have you tried one of the concept rowers?  What about swimming?

I warm up with body weight exercises.  Push-up, pull-ups, dips, chins, sit-up, v-ups, and some mobility drills.   I keep my lifts simple. Front Squats, Bench, Military , Lunges, Deadlifts, Rows, and Power Cleans. I will do a variation of those exercises in some form or fashion.   I suspect your back may prevent you from doing some of those.    You can lift heavy if this is too easy and add weight to your pull-ups and dips.  

I do a boat load of mobility work (mobilitywod.com).  It keeps me in the game after years of beating my body up.  

That is an over simplified version of what I do, but it gives you an idea. 

My PT regiment consists of copious amounts of vigorous sex. The hard core, sweaty stuff that usually risks injury... Unfortunately my wife doesn't participate, thus I'm left working out by myself.

... unless I'm visiting AZ, MA, IL, or MD. I have plenty of workout partners there.

I shouldn't have read that with a mouthful of coffee. Lol.

My PT regiment consists of copious amounts of vigorous sex. The hard core, sweaty stuff that usually risks injury... Unfortunately my wife doesn't participate, thus I'm left working out by myself.

... unless I'm visiting AZ, MA, IL, or MD. I have plenty of workout partners there.

We know you prefer to work out alone.

You'll fit right in here in Provincetown, Mass! I'm sure my neighbors will be glad to "work out" with you.