Jump to content
308AR.com Community
  • Visit Aero Precision
  • Visit Brownells
  • Visit EuroOptic
  • Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

PT


Sisco
 Share

Recommended Posts

I got mine from Rouge fitness they had the best price/ shipping. Seat is on plastic rollers you clean the top of the rail with Windex. I added a large gel seat that was from an exercise bike that was killing my ass. The chain is a typical bike chain that on occasion I will fully extend add oil ( I had 3 in 1) laying about and just wipe the chain. Where the feet are is a hinge that one person can separate and reassemble to store. For sound it's the seat going back and forth, chain on spool retracting and the fan whirlling with damper to adjust force of pull. If you had a door closed you would not hear it. It's quite. The display is full of options and you can go worldwide with your stats. You can compare to the rest of the world. Last time I checked there was a 64 yr old doing 5000 meters 3.1 miles in 17 min. I was 5000 meters in 25 minutes and it was work. Adding or subtracting water is not an issue. On the rest you relax the grip and go forward chain rewinds for next pull where I think with water it better replicates the compression stroke. Hope that helps. Both of us use it. Biggest thing for me was cutting down on sugar controlling my sweet tooth is a work in progress.

IMG_20200927_105452646.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

37 minutes ago, unforgiven said:

I got mine from Rouge fitness they had the best price/ shipping. Seat is on plastic rollers you clean the top of the rail with Windex. I added a large gel seat that was from an exercise bike that was killing my ass. The chain is a typical bike chain that on occasion I will fully extend add oil ( I had 3 in 1) laying about and just wipe the chain. Where the feet are is a hinge that one person can separate and reassemble to store. For sound it's the seat going back and forth, chain on spool retracting and the fan whirlling with damper to adjust force of pull. If you had a door closed you would not hear it. It's quite. The display is full of options and you can go worldwide with your stats. You can compare to the rest of the world. Last time I checked there was a 64 yr old doing 5000 meters 3.1 miles in 17 min. I was 5000 meters in 25 minutes and it was work. Adding or subtracting water is not an issue. On the rest you relax the grip and go forward chain rewinds for next pull where I think with water it better replicates the compression stroke. Hope that helps. Both of us use it. Biggest thing for me was cutting down on sugar controlling my sweet tooth is a work in progress.

IMG_20200927_105452646.jpg

Thanks for the info. Most places out of stock including the manufacturer. Just like everything else.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The water rower is a bit quieter but heavier and harder to move around. If you want the quietest go magnetic dampening.Do not even look at the ones with hydraulics.

 One option that might be available is to visit local place with rowers on display and try/compare noise.

I like C2 and mine is quieter then the  ones I used at gym, it is newer and also I have the model D which is suppose to be quieter. Except for the all out sprints it's not bad noisewise and even then but mind you I live alone in a detached dwelling.

Up here the C2 is the most commonly found rower at gyms, rowing clubs and physio places so that says a lot for them. 

Even if you don't go with a C2  go to https://www.concept2.com/indoor-rowers/training lots of info plus sign up for Workout of the Day  it will email you several workouts daily depending on what you're looking for and mixes it up every day along with  providing the programing sequence for C2 display

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Best part is that it is low impact. I can't lift weights as much as I would like because of my arthritis on hands and wrists from work they swell up. Almost 3 weeks ago I went after theses nutmeg tree's that grow on the lawn from tree spore's. They poped up like crazy. Wife pulled up a few and I saw her struggling. I had a sprinkler can to wet the ground got needle nose pliers and started to get at the root to pull out. I swear there was a motherfuker pulling from the other end. I pulled about 20 was sore moved on. Next day I felt a pinched nerve from my left almost to my ear to the tips of my fingers on my left hand. Just got the tingling in my lower arm to calm down. I'm lucky that's my only problem 😃

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks guys I have a friend that owns a gym I’ll talk to him as well. The decent magnetics are pricey but so are the water ones. Hell I guess they are all kinda spendy. I’ll figure out and let you know what I go with. In the mean time I have bikes,  bow flex and dumbbells to keep me busy. We just got rid of our elliptical because I hated it. Stride was off for me and I couldn’t adjust without feeling a cramped stride so I never used it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 year later...
On 11/25/2014 at 7:14 PM, edgecrusher said:

I go to the gym six days a week and do cardio separate 3-5 times a week. I also play hockey, bike, and soccer as well

Dang how do you have time and energy to do all that?

I work a full time job plus have chores around the house, take care and train horses and then try and jump on our elliptical for 30 min to an hr if my bad knees cooperate. 
I have a full day and somedays it doesn’t all get done. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, NightStalker said:

Man that would be great, I want that job lol. 
 

No... no you really don't.  He has an awesome job and a great partner, but it's crappy work conditions he's not paid nearly enough for what he has to put up with every day at work.

Khyber rules! :hail:

Edited by Armed Eye Doc
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Armed Eye Doc said:

No... no you really don't.  He has an awesome job and a great partner, but it's crappy work conditions he's not paid nearly enough for what he has to put up with every day at work.

Khyber rules! :hail:

If he does what I think I’ve done that work and miss it so it would be like going home.  Body gets older but the mind still wants to be in the mix. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, NightStalker said:

If he does what I think I’ve done that work and miss it so it would be like going home.  Body gets older but the mind still wants to be in the mix. 

His partner is a Fur-Missile.  And a bad motherfukker at that.  Well, shiit, both of them are. 

I took this pic from their certification, and blanked out his face.  You don't want to meet the dog...

1285882157_ThePup.thumb.png.b224eb6f79f0f876ad77b2cec563c34d.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

His partner is a Fur-Missile.  And a bad motherfukker at that.  Well, shiit, both of them are. 

I took this pic from their certification, and blanked out his face.  You don't want to meet the dog...

1285882157_ThePup.thumb.png.b224eb6f79f0f876ad77b2cec563c34d.png

I figured something like that, be safe!!!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am at the age that my mind is still go go go but my body is say whoa!!!! I ignore the stupid body and weed wack 3 acres wrestle firewood, F&G keeps calling me back to work so now I am doing 10 hour days my mind says you are doing good my body says you are a puss pick up the pace,I am confused who do I listen too they are both liars!

P.S and getting up at 04.00 and trying to catch salmon before work or going to work at 05.00 and trying to catch one after work then eat dinner go to bed rinse and repeat......it used to be soooooooo easy  I conclude I am a puss now!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My hat is off to you brother :hail:I hit it hard exercising or working around the house and I have to take a day cause I'm sore as fuk. I'm going to have to stop by a gym to learn how to lift weights without getting hurt. Blew up my wrist again with dumbbells and it is so fukin painful. My hands are trashed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Magwa said:

I conclude I am a puss now!

I relate to that, worse it just doesn't motivate me to fix it like I think it should........ used to be one of those things that had to be disproved before bed that night.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, jtallen83 said:

I relate to that, worse it just doesn't motivate me to fix it like I think it should........ used to be one of those things that had to be disproved before bed that night.

Exactly, that is why i quit elk hunting I used to be tough but the other side of the coin is I have been there and done that I did it when i was a monster in the woods so no regrets, I will find some thing to that equates to the shape I am in now after all how hard is it to hold a fishing pole?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...