Buffers, receiver extensions, stocks, and springs

Spart

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Is editing disabled after a certain amount of time or am I just lost?

You can thank some douche bag for that. He was too juvenile to refrain from posting idiotic forum diarrhea... then tried to hide his ignorance.

There's now a 30 min windows to correct typos and grammatical errors... everything after that time is sealed fate.

New this year, 2015 Armalite added some newly related items.

Do you mean this?  Looks like they're using a DPMS style buffer in that one, interesting.  I wonder if it got put on hold thanks to the brouhaha over the Sig brace?  It was actually introduced last year apparently.

Unfortunately I don't think it's released yet. It's been on their site for some time (I've been watching closely), but not out yet.

They told me on Facebook that it would be out shortly.  Those kinds of promises don't always pan out...

Here's something new from B.A.D.

It's not on their site, what is it?  If it's not ArmaLite/A5 length, it's not really relevant to this thread.  Standard AR-15 length pistol buffer tubes are ubiquitous.

They told me on Facebook that it would be out shortly.  Those kinds of promises don't always pan out...

I'm anxiously waiting for them too, but I'm reminded of how they told us the Bren-Ten was coming too... Unlike that though, I'm sure this will come, but not holding my breath "soon" means the same thing to them.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Can add the MagPul Fixed Carbine Stock (FCS) to the list of stocks that fit on a Vltor A5 tube.  Just bought one for a KISS 3-gun build and it fit over the A5 like it didn't know the extra 3/4" was there.

I assume it would fit over the RE-10/A5SR and ArmaLite-style 6-pos tubes as well, but I don't have an example to test.  What could make it incompatible is that it has a clamp closer to the receiver end of the tube that holds it on, and it would have to engage the extended bottom part of the tube.  That part of the tube doesn't come as close to the receiver on ArmaLite tubes as on A5 tubes.

OP really needs updated, and I think it really belongs here.  Can a mod help with this?  I can't edit the OP.

• 9 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I see Magpul just released a ten position receiver extension for the Armalite style system - they refer to it as the SR25/M110 model even though the SR25 has also been equipped with the DPMS style system.

Link

I really wish a mod or admin would assist me in updating the OP, or getting it to a better place where it can be kept up-to-date.  The market changes on a monthly basis.

2 hours ago, Spart said:

I see Magpul just released a ten position receiver extension for the Armalite style system - they refer to it as the SR25/M110 model even though the SR25 has also been equipped with the DPMS style system.

Link

I really wish a mod or admin would assist me in updating the OP, or getting it to a better place where it can be kept up-to-date.  The market changes on a monthly basis.

That doesn't read as it is for an Armalite Receiver Extension , As you said its for a DPMS type Buffer system , an Armalite Carbine Receiver Extension is longer, so unless I'm reading something wrong here , you would have to change the Buffer system to a DPMS type to use it on a Armalite . 

There is something on the LAR 8 & the Bushy BAR 10 , having to swap out to a shorter Buffer .

9 minutes ago, survivalshop said:

That doesn't read as it is for an Armalite Receiver Extension , As you said its for a DPMS type Buffer system , an Armalite Carbine Receiver Extension is longer, so unless I'm reading something wrong here , you would have to change the Buffer system to a DPMS type to use it on a Armalite . 

There is something on the LAR 8 & the Bushy BAR 10 , having to swap out to a shorter Buffer .

You read wrong.  I didn't say the new Magpul receiver extension is for the DPMS system, I just pointed out that they're referring to it as their SR25/M110 model even though the SR25 has been equipped with both the DPMS and Armalite style systems.  The M110 on the other hand is only equipped with the Armalite style system when it has a collapsible stock or has been upgraded with one.  My OP clearly states that the Armalite system is longer than the DPMS, go read it.

As far as what Magpul has put out there on this new receiver extension, not only do they have photos out there that show it with their new standard AR15 receiver extension (also released today) that clearly show this extension is longer, but their website which I linked to says the following:

"Due to its longer length, this receiver extension is compatible with most DPMS® Gen 1 pattern 7.62x51 firearms with standard length AR15/M4 carbine buffer components as well as aftermarket A5 buffers and springs for use on 5.56x45 AR15/M4 platforms.* "

It's clearly an Armalite style receiver extension in terms of length.

The bit about the LAR 8 and BAR 10 is also covered in my OP - they have an even longer action stroke than regular AR10/LR308 guns.

Ok , so why would I read your original post , unless you referred to it about this . I was just trying to clarify your post , because it could be confusing to some that don't know the difference .

Is the one you mentioned today for the AR 15/M4/M16 have same part # as the one you linked or are they a different Model /part # , Because the link you posted doesn't say anything about he AR 15 , reads SR25/M110 , is Magpul playing funny things with their link's ?

Why update the original post , you just updated this thread , whats the difference ? 

27 minutes ago, Spart said:

They're making both. https://www.facebook.com/magpul/photos/a.123103551035336.20722.123085681037123/1237640172914996/?type=3

Updating the OP is important so we can have all the info in one place - I'm not a member of another forum that has this silly lockout feature.

That "silly lock out" on editing is there because we're had assholes come In here say one thing then when confronted on that go and change stuff to make themselves look like choir boys. It's so important to keep up on this information yet you seem to only participate every 6 months or so? 

14 minutes ago, shepp said:

That "silly lock out" on editing is there because we're had assholes come In here say one thing then when confronted on that go and change stuff to make themselves look like choir boys. It's so important to keep up on this information yet you seem to only participate every 6 months or so? 

Wow, great attitude.  You could have used your power to help me update the OP, but instead you bring cursing and insults to a tech forum.  Do you want me to go away?

Their web sight reads the ten slot adj. is for the SR25/M110 & the seven slot adj. is for the M4 Carbine , interesting . It also reads the ten position is longer then the seven position , so  I take it ,you can use std AR 15 components or DPMS 308 components in the seven position & Armalite configuration in the ten position one . I also read that they are extruded 7075 . 

I was looking at ALG Defense Carbine Receiver Extension & their is 7075 Forged , now I have to get one to compare & since the ALG one is only $ 38 , I think I will order it first & I know its in stock .

Edited by survivalshop