• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Buffers, receiver extensions, stocks, and springs

Spart

2 hours ago, Spart said:

Wow, great attitude.  You could have used your power to help me update the OP, but instead you bring cursing and insults to a tech forum.  Do you want me to go away?

No not in the least bit, but the forum is set up like this for a reason as I see you were told the last time. And the was the thread is going is perfectly fine as you have also been told before. Thank you for sharing your information! 

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, survivalshop said:

can use std AR 15 components or DPMS 308 components in the seven position & Armalite configuration in the ten position one . 

The 10 pos is the same length as the AR10 and VLTOR A5 tube. If you want to use it on a 308, you will use a standard AR15 buffer same as AR10. If you use it on an AR15, you will use a VLTOR A5 buffer.

The 7 hole is milspec length, so you would use standard buffer on an AR15, and a DPMS 308 buffer on a 308 Rifle. 

Pretty much what you said...just splitting it up to make it a little more clear for anyone passing through

Edited by blue109

9 hours ago, blue109 said:

Rolling in here every few months and getting all cranky isn't going to get you very far though.

Exactly 

I look at it this way, slim to no one is going to go back and read the "OP" threads go in chronological order so some one sees a new post (new info they read it) easy peasy. I don't understand why it's such a big deal. 

Make it a great day

36 minutes ago, shepp said:

Exactly 

I look at it this way, slim to no one is going to go back and read the "OP" threads go in chronological order so some one sees a new post (new info they read it) easy peasy. I don't understand why it's such a big deal. 

Make it a great day

I don't know about anyone else, but I've linked a few people to this thread when they told me they were interested in building up an AR-10 clone.  It'd be easier without the caveat "oh and make sure you read the *whole* thread because the big long OP is out of date."

That caveat will only get worse the longer this thread gets.

Agree It is nice to have both. a continuing update for those who follow along, and a consolidated list at the beginning for new people and quick search results. 

The edit rule came about when a past member who had made good contributions got butthurt and went through the forum deleting everything he posted. Its then exhausting to go back through and fix all the threads that don't make sense. Its a shame, and a PITA, but there is a reason. Seeing as how you are not a regular poster, your account has that limitation on it. Is there any way you can copy the OP and add the updates, and then email it to a mod or even repost it back here? I'm sure someone with the power can then edit the OP with the update.

10 minutes ago, shepp said:

Especially if we sit here and bicker back and fourth about the rules of our forum

Look, it's a tech topic.  You guys had an issue with (apparently one, from the sound of things?) dude and decided to punish everyone.  Great move!

I picked this place to curate this info.  As you've pointed out, I don't post here often.  In fact this is the only thread I've ever posted in on this board.

Again, you could use your power to help me make the OP the best reference for this info out there or you can keep doing what you're doing.

14 minutes ago, Spart said:

Look, it's a tech topic.  You guys had an issue with (apparently one, from the sound of things?) dude and decided to punish everyone.  Great move!

I picked this place to curate this info.  As you've pointed out, I don't post here often.  In fact this is the only thread I've ever posted in on this board.

Again, you could use your power to help me make the OP the best reference for this info out there or you can keep doing what you're doing.

-not just one guy numerous

-thank you for choosing our forum 

-again you prove my point

-I honestly don't have a clue what you want done, instead of demanding us changing our setting which are out there for stated reasons. You could have easily PM'd a mod asking them nicely to make changes or better yet pm them somthing to copy in paste as many stated. But yet you just come here and demand us to change for you, but as you stated you've never participated in any other thread than this one?!? But I'm thee asshole

ps I can't change setting like that, it's above my pay grade I'm just here to make sure people don't come in an raise a ruckus

Edited by shepp

I don't know which mod to PM, your site lists 19 users in the staff directory without a clue as to who does what.

I'm not demanding anything.  I've repeatedly asked for help.  For reference, here is every time I've asked in chronological order:

"The OP is in need of an update, but I can't do it.  Can a mod assist, or maybe unlock the post for me?" - 4/1/15

"OP really needs updated, and I think it really belongs here.  Can a mod help with this?  I can't edit the OP." - 5/6/15

"My OP is getting out of date and I'd really like to make some updates but I can't because the forum won't let me.  Would appreciate some help!" - 2/24/16

"I really wish a mod or admin would assist me in updating the OP, or getting it to a better place where it can be kept up-to-date.  The market changes on a monthly basis." - 8/23/16

It sounds like everyone with the power to make changes is apathetic, so maybe this forum isn't the best place to curate this info.

OK, I'll bite.... @Spart, post your new/revised section here. I will use my mystical powers to put that information in place of the OP, and then delete the redundant post. You can do this as many times as you wish, and just PM me with the request at that time.

Make sure your new post is a complete post, and not just an addition. I am deleting the OP and replacing it with whatever you put as your v2.0

3 minutes ago, Robocop1051 said:

OK, I'll bite.... @Spart, post your new/revised section here. I will use my mystical powers to put that information in place of the OP, and then delete the redundant post. You can do this as many times as you wish, and just PM me with the request at that time.

Make sure your new post is a complete post, and not just an addition. I am deleting the OP and replacing it with whatever you put as your v2.0

Thanks.  Is there some way to turn on a BB code editor in lieu of the WYSIWYG editor?  Manually embedding the images and links will be pretty time consuming.

On 8/26/2016 at 7:03 PM, washguy said:

Spart      Well Im so pleased that you chose us to be the place to curate your buffer/spring/extension post.....  im sure a poster will ask someone here what he needs in the first place.... we do our best ,which I think is pretty darn good....   Wash

Ya'all do a damn fine job with any questions a forum member asks. Actually most in here will jump on a posters 308AR issue like a 2 bit.....oh never mind.

• 1 year later...
On 8/28/2016 at 8:38 AM, beantown said:

Ya'all do a damn fine job with any questions a forum member asks. Actually most in here will jump on a posters 308AR issue like a 2 bit.....oh never mind.

O.K. anyone that wants to and knows can answer this for me.  I just ordered a D.P.M.S.rifle buffer because the Armalite was out of stock at DSG for 30 days.  I ordered the Armalite rifle receiver extension  and spring from them.  Will this combination work on my PA10 GII.  After reading this post I still don't know but it looks like there might be a length problem.  The PA10 came with an out of spec carbine set up.  Did the original post ever get updated, I can't tell?

That'll be fine.  308 rifle buffers are 5.200" long.  The Armalite spring is the EA1095, and works wonderfully in both rifle and carbine recoil systems.  The rifle receiver extension is the same everywhere - same exact internal depth as the AR15 rifle receiver extension.  You'll be just fine, as long at that wasn't a DPMS AR15 rifle buffer, which is 5.900" long.