• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Ok a question about AAC---help

Magwa

Ok so I have saved and bought for two years I now have a 7.62 sdn-6 and a 2400-mod 8 (5.56 can) to my surprise i just found out the 5.56 can will mount on 308 now THIS IS NOT GOOD! the reverse is also true the SDN will mount on the 5.56 this is ok but it worries me that someone else may get them mixed up and Kaboom so any suggestions on how to avert this ? all my weapons have the 51 T rachet mount

You might give AAC a call and talk to them about it. Their stuff may not have a built in failsafe. I know that YHM's muzzle devices won't let you fit a 5.56 can on a .30 cal muzzle device but the .30 cal. can will fit the 5.56 muzzle device. Not sure how they accomplish that.

Edited by 392heminut

"...fully knowing the hazards of my chosen profession..."                       <<<  Pretty famous phrase.

I don't think you'll have any problem, brother - how many times are the trustees gonna take out the items, without you present?  How many times will the trustees be out with you in the future, shooting?  How much opportunity do you have to teach them about the capabilities and functions of each rifle/part/can? 

Teach those that don't know, my brother, and they will know.  I think you don't have anything to worry about, with paint on the can, or without.  <thumbsup>

Edited by 98Z5V

I stay away from that store as much as I can Jay is a master at enabling....... i try not to go but once a month or so and I leave all my money at home and still it does not work... I am just to easy.... I will work on that while I practise Jays enabling tricks on you guys..... :)