Boots

Robocop1051

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

they sit you on the table and make a plaster cast of feet.does nothing for stability and pressure points(did that first before surgery).good feet gives you stability,where regular ortho types may not.

sales person had me stand flat footed,feet together,hands cupped fulley extended in front.pushed hands,and i tileted forward.put hands around back cupped.she pushed on them,and i tilted back wards.

put the new orthotics on the ground,and stepped into them.same test repeated.lady was almost off the ground leaning into my cupped hands,no tilt whatsoever.solid as a rock.

ortho docs charge 500 for their orthos. you need to find out what your pressure points are when standing,not when feet hanging off the exam table. good feet has a good system.

Sorry I am late to the thread...been making ice cream all day.  The UA are light and comfortable and if you aren't going to run, ruck or do lots of rapid directional changes, you should be fine.

That being said....with a couple more bucks you can get these and they are robust. I wore these for over a year and took them with me through one helluva punishing course in March.....still holding up, still loving them.  

http://www.amazon.com/Salomon-Mens-Comet-3D-Hiking/dp/B003X28IJ2

That's what you had on your hind legs at Frank D.?    And they were a year old already?  Didn't know that - I'm going to pick up a pair of them.  <thumbsup>

My experiance with orthodics is different from many.I am lucky that I don't have to pay alot for them either,having had both my wifes and my own insurance.I have used them my entire life having been a polio survivor.It left me with a small right foot a 9 with a high ach compared to my left that is now flat and a 12.The ones now are carbon fiber the older ones were leather and metal.I work construction and am on my feet all day,ladders being a large part of the job.As well as climbing and kneeling.My orthodics and high top boots give me all the support I need to do my job and get me closer to retirement.

• 2 weeks later...

My experiance with orthodics is different from many.I am lucky that I don't have to pay alot for them either,having had both my wifes and my own insurance.I have used them my entire life having been a polio survivor.It left me with a small right foot a 9 with a high ach compared to my left that is now flat and a 12.The ones now are carbon fiber the older ones were leather and metal.I work construction and am on my feet all day,ladders being a large part of the job.As well as climbing and kneeling.My orthodics and high top boots give me all the support I need to do my job and get me closer to retirement.

He also left out a lot of heavy drinking and not taking any $hit from just anybody.

Now I, of course, get a pass. After all......I'm the wheelman of the shortbus. <lmao>

post-12568-0-36367500-1438236112.gif

Think I'm gonna order another pair of bates I did a little math last night. figure I work 50 weeks a year x 5 days a week= 250 day average 4 miles a day walking on calls that's 1000 miles a year that's pretty impressive on a pair of boots.....

Edited by shepp

I wear the camo 8 inch top lace up don't know the model but two years elk hunting in very steep ground and they have not broken down at all and my feet feel great at the end of a day and they are gortex waterproof... i can snap you a pic if you like ..

• 7 months later...

I was eying northface but they didnt meet the work criteria? Bad ass off road capabulity and didnt hurt the anckle screws! The keen are good so far on the ankle. Time in 1 hr.. 

Note keen are big and wide and im a half size smaller than danner?

This is what I use brother and I am hard on bootshttp://www.weinbrennerusa.com/dspNavCategory.cfm?rootID=1&catID=102&prodid=605.Was working in standing water and my feet after a couple of days were damp.I called them,they told me to return them and a few weeks later they sent me a new pair.Great customer service.No break in needed.Best boots ever.I use this model.

This is what I use brother and I am hard on bootshttp://www.weinbrennerusa.com/dspNavCategory.cfm?rootID=1&catID=102&prodid=605.Was working in standing water and my feet after a couple of days were damp.I called them,they told me to return them and a few weeks later they sent me a new pair.Great customer service.No break in needed.Best boots ever.I use this model.

I like those style of boots, when I was doing install I wore something like that for a year or so. Problem is now that I'm doing service I need something with a tread, those smooth souls are like ice skates on a wet or snow covered rubber roof

another thing I like about the patrol boots is they're like sneakers, I put 5-6 miles a day on and they are better than any "work boot" I ever had

Edited by shepp