Robocop1051

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just ordered my second pair of 5.11 boots, the first held up very well, also found for me that synthetic is a plus over leather. Syn. Doesn't stretch like leather, I have Narrow feet and when leather stretches boots get sloppy, these have been glove tight the whole time also seem to hold up a lot better too

http://www.511tactical.com/halcyon-patrol-boot.html

i was also having huge problem with planters factitious, got these boots with out the heal, i havnt had an issue since 

Edited by shepp

My Solomons are finally worn through. I actually found a new company called Altama and I'm very excited about. Altama owns the right to a bunch of boots we're all familiar with, but most importantly they own the original Military Jungle Boots. 

I have a pair of these on order now, but in black. 

IMG_5924.JPG

They also make a shoe that I can only describe as a "Tactical Chuck Taylor"

IMG_5925.JPGIMG_5926.JPG

I'm more than intrigued here, and will likely grab a pair of these as well. 

7 hours ago, Robocop1051 said:

My Solomons are finally worn through. I actually found a new company called Altama and I'm very excited about. Altama owns the right to a bunch of boots we're all familiar with, but most importantly they own the original Military Jungle Boots. 

IMG_5924.JPG

IMG_5925.JPGIMG_5926.JPG

Interesting , made in USA ?

18 hours ago, Robocop1051 said:

IMG_5924.JPG

IMG_5925.JPGIMG_5926.JPG

Tacticalshit sell those mid ankle shoes they kinda interest me, actually they're made to fit swim fins. And made of cordera. 

Few moths ago I got sprayed with a gallon of oil at about 150 psi caught it between my chest and knees I carry my cordera wallet in my front left pocket had to throw all my cloths out. Wallet took it like a champ no oil on the inside, what was on the oil side was cleaned up with paper towel. 

http://shop.tacticalshit.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=Altama+

had a hydrolic line bust on a skid steer ( bobcat) when the bucket was over my head! Hot oil hit me in the face and chest at atleast 100 psi! thank god i had on saftey glasses.. i had to figure out how to get free from the machine before i could rip my shirt off! suck! no perminent damage?

chuck taylors thats what the cool kids call em.. 

On 9/21/2017 at 3:55 AM, survivalshop said:

Interesting , made in USA ?

Yes. http://www.altama.com/usa_en/why_altama

18 hours ago, shepp said:

Tacticalshit sell those mid ankle shoes they kinda interest me, actually they're made to fit swim fins. And made of cordera. 

http://shop.tacticalshit.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=Altama+

The rep said that SEALs were wearing Chuck Taylor All Stars for several reasons; They fit in fins. They stacked flat for storage. They were light enough to perform in. The problem was their maritime use (staying wet) and their longevity. These OTB shoes have water drains, made of cordura and use a "Jungle Boot" type of sole. If I do this, I imagine a paracord replacement for the laces... or perhaps a locking speed cable (Salomon Version)

But are the comfortable ?   I'm almost sold on them , I like them . I have Wet Boots for my Fin's .

My , ( made in USA )  New Balance , are the most comfortable shoe I have ever worn . I know how MilSpec products don't normally care if they make your feet feel good .:laffs:They just get the job done .

I didn't get six months from my last Converse , the FDE ones . They fell apart , I have a Pair of Black high tops that are 15 years old or so & they are in good shape . What has happened .

Edited by survivalshop

On 9/22/2017 at 10:50 AM, Robocop1051 said:

Yes. http://www.altama.com/usa_en/why_altama

The rep said that SEALs were wearing Chuck Taylor All Stars for several reasons; They fit in fins. They stacked flat for storage. They were light enough to perform in. The problem was their maritime use (staying wet) and their longevity. These OTB shoes have water drains, made of cordura and use a "Jungle Boot" type of sole. If I do this, I imagine a paracord replacement for the laces... or perhaps a locking speed cable (Salomon Version)

i replaced some laces with 550 para cord a month back and they keep untieing.. also the thickness is hard to fit in the open hooks atop of the boot. so far they have held up though.. danner.

I don't know what Redwing is using for laces but one pair has three years in the rotation and another has two without even a hint of fraying. They are on the thin side but never come untied yet still come open easily white a little pull. They will replace them for the lifetime of the boots so figures they would make them tough.

• 8 months later...

Holy Shat.  I just found THE most comfortable pair of boots I've ever laced onto my hind legs.  They're so badass, I bought two pairs - I'm not kidding.

Caught them on sale at Bass Pro, 30% off, figured I'd look into them a little and check some reviews - good reviews!  Went to try them on, loved 'em, bought 2 instead of 1.

$69 through June 17th. Worth driving to your Bass Pro to check them out, and I mean that.

https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/redhead-rct-warrior-ultra-mil-spec-tactical-boots-for-men

2265387_2265375_is

On 6/5/2018 at 8:41 PM, 98Z5V said:

Holy Shat.  I just found THE most comfortable pair of boots I've ever laced onto my hind legs.  They're so badass, I bought two pairs - I'm not kidding.

Caught them on sale at Bass Pro, 30% off, figured I'd look into them a little and check some reviews - good reviews!  Went to try them on, loved 'em, bought 2 instead of 1.

$69 through June 17th. Worth driving to your Bass Pro to check them out, and I mean that.

https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/redhead-rct-warrior-ultra-mil-spec-tactical-boots-for-men

2265387_2265375_is

So, I got two pairs of these boots based on "military mentality."  You have even-day boots and odd-day boots, and you rotate out daily.  Boots last WAY longer like that.  As soon as I tried them on, they were comfortable as any boot I've ever worn, so, just buy 2 right away.  Done deal.

So, I had the first pair on my feet Wednesday.  Second pair Thursday.  Well, on Wednesday, I see this 20-year old kid at the shop looking at my feet - he didn't say anything...  Thursday at lunch we all gathered in a conference room, had pizza and wings for another guy's last day there - going away lunch, kinda.  This 20-year old kid is looking at my feet again...  :laffs:

I knew he was gonna say something, and I was ready for him.  He says, "Dang Tom, what's up with the boots?..."

My reply was instant.  "They're extremely lightweight, it's like having running shoes on your feet, but with ankle support and a full 8" upper.  They're light in construction, and don't make my feet hot, and my feet don't sweat hardly at all, but I still have a "boot" on.  Plus, they give me great traction when I'm with your Mom..."

Silence...  jaws dropped...  for a second.   The laughter after that initial "what did he say?" was out of control...  :lmao:

The guy was was the focus of the going away lunch said that I made his day with that one, and he'd never forget his last day there...     :banana:

• 2 months later...