• Visit Sportsmans Guide

My 308 AR Project

Firemaniv

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was able to take the rifle out for a second time the other day to shoot with the AccuPower. I had a cross wind and was having to much fun adjusting the scope the first time I shot with it. This time there was no wind and I stopped chasing the numbers on the dials. I was able to sight in the optic better than the first time. I was off to the left from the wind. I then shot just to do so. The scope so far seems to be a very good match for the rifle.

I think replacing my gas block may be in the future. I know my settings for suppressed and unsuppressed, however the Allen screw feels like it is becoming gummed up with use. I saw an adjustable block the other day that looked to have some sort of knob. It also seemed to address this type of issue and made reference to it if I remember correctly. For now the current block is still working but I will watch for something that could possibly be better.

0509171035a_HDR.jpg

0509171035b_HDR.jpg

0509171045_HDR.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

My rifle is complete. My form 4 arrived last Thursday after 335 days for my Silencerco Omega. The form 4 was mailed July 8th, 2016. So if you are waiting on a stamp pre 41f, it should be anytime in the next few weeks.

Over the weekend, I shot the rifle at a 300yd  steel target without and then with the suppressor. I only had to change my gas block to the suppressor setting, nothing else. I was able to constantly hit the target either way. I believe I has some minor poi which was some decrease in elevation after mounting the Omega.

So, as far as I know, the rifle does not need anything else other than a steady diet of bullets to fire.

IMG_0019.thumb.JPG.04b992f2cacf75dbc079c10a2136f2da.JPG