• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

7.62x39 On AR15 Platform

suzukiray

Honestly, I was told that LCJWholesale would have in excess of 100 by the end of the week.  He says they are going FAST.  I ordered the last 5 that he had.  He called me late this afternoon after I sent a "Contact Us" message over the weekend.  I could not talk long but he took my phone order.  Now that I think of it I surely hope it was him ... LOL

Another point ... he said he had run about 2500+ 7.62x39 rounds using the new J-mags through some Sig weapons and he said they ran flawless.  Seemed to be an honest person.

I hope this is motivational indeed.   :))

www.lcjwholesalestore.com

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

He stated the only other thing that folks seem to be having problems with is they need a 7.62x39-specific bolt or at least the caliber-specific firing pin.

This is nothing new, and has always been the case.  You certainly can't fire 7.62x39 with an AR15 bolt.

LMT is making x39 bolts again. I'm going to order some in the near future. From past research they seem to be indestructable. Luckily I was able to get 2 ARP x39 bolts before he stopped making them. They are pretty strong as well.

Never heard of their bolts until I came on to this site.  Might need to check them out.

Thanks again for the information on these bolts.  I think I have a JP Products bolt but I'm not sure as I bought it long before I actually finished the weapon and I think I got it at a gun show.

So far it has lasted 40 rounds ... LOL 

New 28-round "J" mags are in.  I ordered these late Wednesday afternoon and they were on my doorstep today.  Look great.  Nice coating job, just as described.

If I could figure out how to do a decent photo I'd post some on here.  Never done photos on websites much.

I also wish this crazy weather would stay away so I could hit the range and see how they perform.

Just ordered 4 of them. Wish he would hurry up with the new 20 rounders also. Took my 16" ARP x39 out to 400 yards today, dialed in the dope on my 3-9x Trijicon Accupoint, banging steel all day long.

Edited by tbready

I need to figure out if I'll do a better photo via my cell phone or the webcam here on the computer, then how I will be able to load it on here ... ???

If somebody could explain how I go about doing one or both of the above I'll be able to post pics from here on out.

Cell picks are easy with my stupid (smart) phone.. Hit the edit button and crop em down to just the size you need to see the image you are sharing. That should bring it to the size requirement for posting? No panarama though!

If somebody could explain how I go about doing one or both of the above I'll be able to post pics from here on out.

Google can help you - all you have to do is put in a little work, and search. 

Give a man a fish, teach a man to fish... 

Cell picks are easy with my stupid (smart) phone.. Hit the edit button and crop em down to just the size you need to see the image you are sharing. That should bring it to the size requirement for posting? No panarama though!

OK thank but do I crop it on the phone first before I send it to my e-mail, or do I do this once I open the attachment in my e-mail, or here somewhere on this website? 

And another thing while I'm at it ... 

I've had a hard time posting links on here.  I don't know if it's something different with this new Apple laptop or what?  I try to transfer links on to here but to no avail.  I can copy a link from an e-mail to a "reply" section here but it doesn't seem to copy right.  I cannot seem to find the link in any areas of the original e-mail like I used to, if that makes any sense to anyone ... (???)

Well folks ... I gave it my best efforts in trying to post these photos on here.  I took 4 of them but whenever I used the "attach file" features it appears all 4 of them are too big.  I don't know how to correct that.

If somebody could take the time to walk me through it all I'll be glad to try it again but as for now it's time to hit the bunk here before the house floats off after all this rain.

Look into resizing photos. I would bet you have a program on your computer that will handle it such as "image", "paint" or "photoshop elements". For the web, if you have the choice...you want images to be 72dpi and anywhere from 600-1000 pixels wide. I typically go 800 on the longest side. If you are using a smart phone, you might do a web search about resizing photos with xxxxxxphone.

Also, look into free photo hosting. I used to use imageshack, but they want money now. Photobucket is still a good one I think, but I don't know what's popular. You may have to research them a bit and see which one makes sense to you. With those, they'll let you upload the picture there on their site, and copy a link to paste into your post on forums. Worked really well when I used to do that sort of thing.

Here's the top of the new 28 rd. "J" mag.  You can see a difference at the front with the front and bottom of the follower being above the metal case of the mag:

post-15949-0-84784200-1433082882_thumb.j

Edited by GRA

Thanks folks for all the assistance.  I'm using a MAC and obviously the programs I have are not sufficient to downsize anything.  I had to send these 4 to my wife for editing.

My phone is an Android and I don't use the photo feature much so I couldn't find an editor for my phone camera that is already on the camera.

I'll try the helpful suggestions above.  Meanwhile, I hope these photos help out.

We're going to head off to church but when I get back I'll do some more photos, side-by-sides with the ASC, C-Products Defense Gen II 30 round mags and these new J-mags and hopefully Y'all will be able to get a better understanding of what doesn't work and why.

Again ... I have not tried the new "J" mags yet so I really don't know if they will work or not.

Thanks for the assistance and patience.