• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

7.62x39 On AR15 Platform

suzukiray

Wondering if I can ditch this stack of ASC mags, and replace themaybe with Jmags....

LOL ... same problem here.  

I was told by the Tech I talked to that the former C-Products went belly up and 2 partners split; one forming ASC and the other forming C-Products Defense.  I was told by this guy that one of the problems with ASC 30-rd. mags is the middle of the mag body is actually smaller than it should be whereas C-Products focused on this when engineering their new Gen. II 30-round mags.

Unfortunately i have bought several ASC 30-round mags.  I'm hoping C-Products Defense will offer springs and followers eventually that I can swap in to the ASC mags, and hopefully get the ASC 30-round mags to work right.

For now, I have 1 Gen II C-Products Defense 30-round mad and 5 of the new "J" mags and as soon as this rain lets up I'm heading to the range.

By the way ... the Tech with C-Products also stated that the 25 round .308 PMAGS are weak and are known to crack.  Stated his steel mags are now the best made for the AR-308.  Can anyone verify this claim?

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Want to see something cool?

Take the spring and follower out of the 28 round mag, and put them in the in the 30 round mag body. Now count how many rounds your magazine will hold.

LOL ... Brilliant.  Never thought of that but I will say the bottom of these mags are designed for easy R & R of the internals.

We gotta bounce on out of here for a while but when I get back later I might try that.

Still learning the photo options on this new MAC.  What I really want to do is a side-by-side of ACS, C-Products Gen II 30 round mags and the J-mags so we can compare the followers and mag front end.  If I can find my calipers I'll take some measurements and post it all on here.  Might prove to be interesting after all.

Thanks for the suggestion.

LOL ... same problem here.

I was told by the Tech I talked to that the former C-Products went belly up and 2 partners split; one forming ASC and the other forming C-Products Defense. I was told by this guy that one of the problems with ASC 30-rd. mags is the middle of the mag body is actually smaller than it should be whereas C-Products focused on this when engineering their new Gen. II 30-round mags.

Unfortunately i have bought several ASC 30-round mags. I'm hoping C-Products Defense will offer springs and followers eventually that I can swap in to the ASC mags, and hopefully get the ASC 30-round mags to work right.

For now, I have 1 Gen II C-Products Defense 30-round mad and 5 of the new "J" mags and as soon as this rain lets up I'm heading to the range.

By the way ... the Tech with C-Products also stated that the 25 round .308 PMAGS are weak and are known to crack. Stated his steel mags are now the best made for the AR-308. Can anyone verify this claim?

I've got 6 of the 20 round C Products Defense SR-25/.308 mags and they are awesome. Quality is second to none and function is spot on. I have tweaked the feed lips up a little on all of mine to help aid in the bullet aiming more upward towards the chamber. It is probably not necessary for proper function but mine feeds flawlessly. These work great in my PA 10, cannot speak for other AR 10's. I bought 1 to start with. When i decided it was GTG I purchased more. Edited by tbready

What I'm curious about is will the 28-rd. springs actually work in the Gen-II 30-rd. mag ?

Right now, YOU are the person that can answer that, as you are the one that has both mags... 

So, instead of asking other people questions... 

Right now, YOU are the person that can answer that, as you are the one that has both mags... 

ROFLMAO ... OK .... 

EVERYBODY ... Check out the J-mag springs in BOTH MAGS and let us all know whenever the realization occurs.  

There Ya go 98 ... Hope that helps you out !!!   :))

28 round loaded effortlessly, as did the 30 round.  Both stopped at their respective capacities but they sure loaded a lot easier than the ASC mags did.

Let me see if I can get a hybrid together and see what happens.

And minutes later ... the hybrid stopped at 32 rounds.  Very, very easy to load 32 rounds though.

Now I'll try the ASC 30-round mag with the Gen-II spring and follower and see if it all fits for at least 30 rounds.

And minutes later ... Using the ASC 30-rd. mag body and floor plate with the C-Products Gen-II spring and follower I could only load 23 rounds in the ASC mag.

Edited by GRA

Noticed 2 things here ... the follower of the Gen-II mag has a much longer front extending a good 1/4" toward the bottom of the mag.  The spring was much longer also, approx. 4" than the same parts I pulled out of the ASC.

Obviously it would be senseless to try the ASC parts in a Gen-II mag since I couldn't even load the ASC mag to a full 30 rounds.

I'll check this out at the range and see what works and what doesn't then post it all back up on here.  Going to be a good 10 days to 2 weeks as everything is flooded around here and slow to drain.

Ran your mouth to me before you could figure out exactly what Robo was talking about, didn't ya?...

That's hilarious.  <lmao>

No 98 I'm not really interested in entertaining you.  He asked me to post something on here so I did.  

There's other filks on here besides yourself.  I post what I post on here for everybody.

You find that hilarious, by all means go ahead and enjoy yourself.  You don't seem to have many other forms of entertainment.

I don't own any and don't plan to. To many bad reviews with Magpul .308 mags. They work well for the 5.56mm and that's as far as I go with them.

I've got two of the 25 rnd. P Mags and about a dozen of the 20 rounders. I haven't had a problem with any of them.

I have a couple 25 rounders & all my 20's work just fine also .

Alright, Mister Wizard, here we go. Let's revisit a few posts in this thread:

Want to see something cool?

Take the spring and follower out of the 28 round mag, and put them in the in the 30 round mag body. Now count how many rounds your magazine will hold.

Share with us later on how many rounds fit in the hybrid magazine. Rumor is 35!

What I'm curious about is will the 28-rd. springs actually work in the Gen-II 30-rd. mag ?

Well, here we go...  Obviously, Robo was trying to tell you something - kinda of a hint.  He was trying to give you a nudge, and try something - that he already knows about.  He met the people of CPD, and already has the information that he gave you.  He was being polite, in his suggestion. 

With him offering that information to you, what you do in turn is ask a stupid question, and you hadn't even touched the mags yet, at that point.  Had you even tried what he suggested, the answer would have been self-evident - and would not have been asked by you in the  first place.

In a nutshell, you doubted the man.  You had the info, you had the mags, and instead of getting off your a$s to try it, you posted something stupid.

That's exactly why i made this comment:

ROFLMAO ... OK .... 

EVERYBODY ... Check out the J-mag springs in BOTH MAGS and let us all know whenever the realization occurs.  

There Ya go 98 ... Hope that helps you out !!!   :))

Again, you STILL hadn't touched the mags, and you had to run your mouth to me.  Had you done what the man suggested, you probably wouldn't have made that dumbass comment - because he was right, wasn't he...  You swap the parts, you gain capacity.  The new parts are what give you the greater capacity in the older mag body - just like he said.

Instead of doing what the man suggested, you had to take another chance to be a dumbass again. You succeeded - VERY well.

No 98 I'm not really interested in entertaining you.  He asked me to post something on here so I did.  

There's other filks on here besides yourself.  I post what I post on here for everybody.

You find that hilarious, by all means go ahead and enjoy yourself.  You don't seem to have many other forms of entertainment.

Doesn't matter if you're interested in entertaining me - you're doing a great job without even trying.  Just think of how awesome you could be if you put some work into it!  <lmao>

I know there are other filks on here besides myself - that's the exact reason I'm here in the first place.  For other people.  The camaradarie is a definite bonus, and why I stay.  Hell, the camaraderie is why I came back.   What you post on here isn't much.  What I post on here, in a technical manner, is for the entire current membership, and those that arrive in the future.  If you doubt that, go review everything I've posted here.  Based on what you've already done here in your short time - you'll never know that camaraderie that I speak of...

Grab a sandwich, recline your seatback, lower your tray table, and make yourself comfortable for that long trip.  <thumbsup>