• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Robocop1051's Old Rem 870 Wingmaster

Robocop1051

So back when I was about 16 years old (21 years ago) I traded my over-under 20ga for a 1950's Remington 870 12ga Wingmaster. I have shot damn near everything with wings, except geese since this shotgun only accepts 2-3/4".

As time went by I have left it completely stock and untouched. A few years ago I "acquired" a Police 18.5" Rifle barrel... don't ask where it came from. The barrel was almost as old as my 870, so it mated well when it went to a Remington armorers school. I definitely stood out with my cowboy shotgun amongst some crazy custom jobs.

Recently I was given a few extra parts for my 870, and it all started with a pin. I installed the pin and almost immediately after, I was given a +3 tube... of course it was missing a spring and barrel clamp, so back to the interwebz for more parts.

A few upgrades here and there, a few more parts to get the free shipping, then sit and wait.

20150403_180803_zpsgr6neips.jpg

20150403_180650_zpsbbdflfs1.jpg20150403_180708_zpsdqiwlate.jpg

Of course the heat shroud was not designed for a barrel with sights... so SOME fitting was required.

20150403_180746_zpsmgrk28n9.jpg

Needless to say I had too much time on my hands. See what happens when the wife leaves me unattended! On the bright side, she's loaded with 000 Buck and parked as the new house gun.

Upgrades:

• Extended extra strength mag tube spring - cut to fit (damn near cut off 40%)

• Vang low friction follower

• Magpul Barrel Clamp w/ QD Sling Mount

• GG&G rear QD Sling Mount

• Remington +3 mag tube... because those Choate tube are all crooked.

Love those 870's. my pump is an old Winchester 1200. Only paid $100, and was told the safety was messed up. As I figured, took it down and got a double handful of crap out of the trigger group. Works good now. My Remington 1100 Skeet gun got a 10 shot tube as I don't plan to shoot any more clays. It looks totally bad and she is fully loaded with buck and ball shells. Those things are really bad.

I have an old Ithaca model 37 12 gauge that was my bird gun since 1967 when my wife bought it for me as a Christmas present.  It has a long full choke barrel.  I would like to get a mag extension for the Ithaca. Anyone know where there may be one for sale?

This barrel is one hellofa slug flinger. I was whackin silhouette head shots at 50 yards, no problem.

I feel a Beachin sling is in its future.

50 yards is good lot of guys around me use them as deer guns cuz before about 5 years ago southern wi was shot gun only deer season. Most guys can hit a pie plate at 50 yards with 870 grade gun

The wood is beautiful

ive got an old 870 house gun to the sound of racking one in the chamber should be enough to make a bad guy poop him self

Yes it should be a good breaking & entering repellant!

The slide of a 1911 45 slamming into battery also has a unique sound!

I heard it thru the back door of our house,  when I came in from work at 2:AM after there was a woman raped a few blocks away.  I Remembered to "Drop and roll!" and Yell "don't shoot it is ME!"

Yes it should be a good breaking & entering repellant!

The slide of a 1911 45 slamming into battery also has a unique sound!

I heard it thru the back door of our house,  when I came in from work at 2:AM after there was a woman raped a few blocks away.  I Remembered to "Drop and roll!" and Yell "don't shoot it is ME!"

Man that could have turned out so much worse.  Glad you dropped and rolled!

• 10 months later...

I found this little beauty online... For $15 I couldn't resist.

shotgun_accessories_CN-MSHBAYREM_c_2.thu

I'll likely ditch the rails (supposedly they're removable). Probably ditch the sling nub too (I have something else in use).

What you might not have noticed is the little M9 bayonet lug hiding in the back. THAT'S RIGHT! I'M MOUNTING A MTHERFUCKIN BAYONET ON MY 12 GAUGE!!!

That's some hardcore zombie hunter shiit right there!

I'll likely ditch the rails (supposedly they're removable). Probably ditch the sling nub too (I have something else in use).

What you might not have noticed is the little M9 bayonet lug hiding in the back. THAT'S RIGHT! I'M MOUNTING A MTHERFUCKIN BAYONET ON MY 12 GAUGE!!!

hell yea!!!! Jacob (the sling maker) has a mossy on his web site with a bayonet. I had looked into them but the ones I found were like 200+ that's alil rich for me....

I wonder if one of these little jewels will fit my full choke Ithaca mod. 37?

hell yea!!!! Jacob (the sling maker) has a mossy on his web site with a bayonet. I had looked into them but the ones I found were like 200+ that's alil rich for me....

that picture is what made me look ino busing one. Jacob and I have an unscheduled date for a trench gun competition. The only option I ever knew about before was made by J&W Hardware. That one is waaay too expensive. 

that picture is what made me look ino busing one. Jacob and I have an unscheduled date for a trench gun competition. The only option I ever knew about before was made by J&W Hardware. That one is waaay too expensive. 

I'm gonna have to go home and do some assessment 

20160303_113412.thumb.jpg.46ffe9c9bce5dc20160303_113340.thumb.jpg.8472a248ab3c7920160303_113329.thumb.jpg.5a02803fd28fde

I don't plan on chopping and wood with it... but it'll sure as hell go "pokey pokey" on a SOB in a quick second.

The lug is slightly undersized, so there's a little wiggle. Not enough to make a rattle though. The lock up is good to go. Easy on and off. The mag tube extension is a perfect fit to the ring on my Lan Cay M9.