• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Sub MOA

D.R.D.

Who here is getting sub MOA (preferably 0.5 MOA or less) at 100 yards with a .308AR?

Is anyone doing it with factory loaded ammo?  If so, which brand/load?

What are your barrel specs? (Length, twist, gas system length, rifling, fluted or not, chamber type. barrel material, brand)

Cheers,

DRD

3 16" rainier selects all sub moa   1 18" rainer select sub moa  2 16" arp  fullfluted twist 5r rifling on Nexgen all sub performance.... 1 !6" arp lightweight hunter sub perfromance  all shoot the privi 168 match to get sub moa  but surprise the 150 grain does it too,,,,crap cant remember what brand it was   :) Wash

^^^  He has issues.  <lmao>  Only 1 is his, and the rest belong to Char...  :banana:

My Fulton/Criterion 18.5" stainless MW contour rifle gas barrel does it, all day long, with minimal effort from the trigger puller.  The Rainier stainless 18' Select does it, too, on mid-gas.  I haven't accuracy tested the Faxon Firearms 16" mid-gas yet, but it'll get tried out for groups.  I don't think it'll be over MOA, based on the initial shooting of it.  Another damn good barrel. 

The Fulton/Criterion and Faxon barrels are 1:10" twist, and the Rainier is 1:11.25" twist.

^^^  He has issues.  <lmao>  Only 1 is his, and the rest belong to Char...  :banana:

HaHaha You are so wrong on that !,,,,,,they are all  Char's <laughs> she had me sell my one and only.... :eek7:  And the four  6.8s'  cant confirm whether they are mine or not....so there!

she does let me buy the ammo and even lets me clean them :) Wash

And the four  6.8s'  cant confirm whether they are mine or not....so there!

So, you, Char, and the 4 x 6.8s need to get on Maury, and we need to get this $hit settled with some DNA testing...  <lmao>

So, you, Char, and the 4 x 6.8s need to get on Maury, and we need to get this $hit settled with some DNA testing...  <lmao>

We got the DNA all over the bedroom bout 2 hrs ago.....send in the clean up crew...by now they might need putty knives   <lmao>  Oh snap...you mean the DNA off the rifles   ?

Wash

Edited by washguy

• 2 weeks later...

I shot this 10 shot group at 300yds with a LR 6.5 with iron sights. The picture isn't the best as I took it looking through my spotting scope. It was during a 800 point agg match, timed fire 70 sec time limit. There was shot a little high out of the group right on the line, just wished I had it more centered up in the x-ring.

post-12934-0-81191300-1437184689_thumb.p

I don't like using 3-shot groups for judging either skill, or rifle mechanical accuracy - more for the rifle mechanical accuracy, through.  With only 3 shots, you haven't heat cycled the barrel yet, the gas system isn't up to temp, etc. Jensen, that 10-shot @300 is DAMN SWEET! 

I will use a 3-shot group to zero a scope or iron sights, all day long.  Take the center of the 3, make the move, recheck. Repeat until perceived as perfect. 

Shoot 10, confirm zero.  <thumbsup>

Edited by 98Z5V

Nice shooting  Jensen , I would have expected no less from your experience . <thumbsup>

I will shoot three shot groups for load testing to fine tune charge weight , but mostly shoot five shots for accuracy testing . I have been doing load testing for years now & can't wait to just go out & shoot a confirmed loading <laughs> . I'm no match shooter & not trying to be . <dontknow>