• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Lets see your MA-TEN Builds

imschur

Regarding shipping them Fedex to FL. Although a viable option, I think it would be pretty expensive if I decided to ship 2 guns plus my loaded ammo down there. But I guess, unless I were to drive down, it's really the only other practical solution.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Lets see what you did with the MA-TEN matched sets.

Heres Lil Blackie    of course built with the mega set using a much too heavy 18" dpms sass barrel,troy extreme battle rail,rr nm trigger,magpul acs,tubbs buffer spring,dpms bcg,and a nikon 6x24x50 bdc scope. Ive got the parts on the way for

Blackie #2 cause this one shoots so well,but changing to a rainier 18" hoping its lighter  :)  Wash

post-692-136297268188_thumb.jpg

Smokin hot! The fluted barrel makes the gun look real uniform with the handguard. Nice match up.

Thanks Guys for the comps,but im thinkin that the rainier 18" barrel that just came in weighs bout half of the sass...this ol man cant hardly free shoot it....soo if this polygonal whatever barrel shoots like the sub moa sass im selling the sass and getting another raineir <dontknow> Wash

Hi Guys  Here's mega #2  she's called black beauty <laughs>  I know...but it wasnt me doing the naming

identical build cept for the rainier barrel replacing the dpms sass barrel ,and a geislie super speed enhanced trigger replacing the RR national match.... this geislie is a big letdown it costs more than twice as much and ill bet you a dollar to a doughnut you couldnt tell the diff in a blind test! took two shots to center the scope at 100 then off to two hundred for some break in....this rifle doesnt weigh hardly anymore than my 6.8"s and over 5 lbs lighter than lil blackie! the rainier barrel and their customer service is topnotch!  <thumbsup> Wash

IMG_0215.jpg

wash, have you guys tried any other stock options, or is your gf good for now? the prs and ctr both work okay for my fiance and they have similar ummm… shouldering issues

Hey Edge  That pic was lets say....not of my GF cause im an old fart :) but my real GF can nicley shoulder the magpul.

I posted that pic just to get a rise from ya'll...sheesh maybe I had too much free time on my hands that day...thats when I get in trouble....thanks for your concern though <thumbsup>    Wash

• 2 weeks later...

Heres Lil Blackie    of course built with the mega set using a much too heavy 18" dpms sass barrel,troy extreme battle rail,rr nm trigger,magpul acs,tubbs buffer spring,dpms bcg,and a nikon 6x24x50 bdc scope. Ive got the parts on the way for

Blackie #2 cause this one shoots so well,but changing to a rainier 18" hoping its lighter  :)  Wash

I love the Troy handguard, have one on my 5.56 build in 11" length. Beautiful. What size did you get? The armalite, DPMS high, or low to fit with your MA-Ten?

Again, just gorgeous.

I love the Troy handguard, have one on my 5.56 build in 11" length. Beautiful. What size did you get? The armalite, DPMS high, or low to fit with your MA-Ten?

Again, just gorgeous.

Thanks Youngblood!  Im using the troy extreme ..its the 13.8 which of course covers the gas block....the "high troy"  dpms fits the mega ma10.  The best contact at troy is Jeff Morgan....he knows his stuff on fitment issues for the 308

<thumbsup>  Wash

• 1 month later...

I forgot to mention that, as far as I know the Mega forged upper will physically and cosmetically mate to the POF AR 15 lower, and the billet and monolithic AR 15 uppers will physically fit, but the squared off profile of the Mega uppers will overhang the rear of the POF lower in the buffer tube area.

Just a little update

Switched out the JP Eliminator for their B Cooley tact brake sanded it and timed it myself no washers needed which Im pretty happy about.

Plus I went with the Tubbs CWS w/ Flatwire spring.

No problems with the CWS installed and shotgun break as reported by others.

Also switched out the Bobro qd mount for XTR med rings so that the scope would sit lower. Just more comfy for me and I wanted to get as close to the barrel as possible.

But I havent go to shoot her with the lower scope postion.

I now know I can go with a 50mm obj with no problems with these rings and still be nice and low. Thought I was going to have to stick with a 42mm obj. not that thats a bad thing was looking at IOR 3-18x42 but thing have changed...

Now if deciding on the right scope wasnt such a hard decision.

CWS w/spring,enidine buffer and JP adj block combo works like a dream.

I cant believe how eazy she is to drive and how gentle she is on brass.

I actually have to spin the spent casing between two fingers to feel any kind of ejection scuff because there arent any visable marks.

Im really happy with the way she is set up right now.

Updated pics

AL

post-769-136297269205_thumb.jpg

post-769-13629726922_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

How do you find the new brake's effectiveness compared to the tank brake?

I got a chance to really test the brake and I cant tell the difference between the two.

I do like the cooley brake better because of the looks.

The tank brake just seemed to get uglier and uglier everyday.

The cooley brake is actually heavier and larger though.

AL

I would agree that the tank brake is not the most attractive, but if it was noticeably more effective than anything else, I'd be willing to run it on a bench gun. I just ordered one of the large JP Cooley brakes for my M1A project, glad to hear that you find it to be an effective brake.  Nice looking build you've got there, good luck with it.

• 2 weeks later...