imschur

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys  Here's mega #2  she's called black beauty <laughs>  I know...but it wasnt me doing the naming

identical build cept for the rainier barrel replacing the dpms sass barrel ,and a geislie super speed enhanced trigger replacing the RR national match.... this geislie is a big letdown it costs more than twice as much and ill bet you a dollar to a doughnut you couldnt tell the diff in a blind test! took two shots to center the scope at 100 then off to two hundred for some break in....this rifle doesnt weigh hardly anymore than my 6.8"s and over 5 lbs lighter than lil blackie! the rainier barrel and their customer service is topnotch!  <thumbsup> Wash

IMG_0215.jpg

Fantastic looking rig!  How do you like the Troy TRX?  I got the Troy MRF for mine and have decided it's a little heavy.  Thinking about selling it to buy the 12in TRX.

Ok, here is my long awaited build.......and still waiting...

I contemplated each and every part for quite some time.  I researched a ton on this site and others; and learned a lot from everyones experience so thanks.

Build list:

Mega Arms Monolithic upper/lower

Magpul PRS

Standard Buffer/tube

JP polished Low-mas spring

JP 22" medium contour barrel (Blk Teflon) w/large tac comp

JP Enhanced bolt

JP low-mas bolt carrier

JP adj gas system (low profile block)

JP Ez trigger with 3.5 lb spring

JP ambi selector

Phase 5 bolt catch

Bullet Button

Atlas BT10 bi-pod

Accu-shot monopod

CAA Grip/pad

Here is what I haven't decided on..

BUIS, thinking Troy di-optic w/tritium

Nightforce 3.5-15x56 w/ NP-R1

Not sure on the mount

Let me know what ya think.

post-1493-136297272523_thumb.jpg

post-1493-136297272526_thumb.jpg

post-1493-136297272532_thumb.jpg

post-1493-136297272536_thumb.jpg

post-1493-136297272541_thumb.jpg

post-1493-136297272545_thumb.jpg

Great looking rifle!

Honestly though, with that much rifle are you ever going to shoot <100 yards? Why limit yourself with that scope? Save yourself the $250+ from the Troy BUIS and get a bigger scope. You have the workings to shoot at the max range of the bullet, except you won't be able to see that far at 18x. With a bit more magnification you could do 1k-1200 with no problem at all.

BUIS, especially with Tritium, are a necessity for a battle rifle. When your rifle tips the scale near 20# all decked out and geared up, your "battle" options are limited. The whole point of BUIS is that you need to quickly aim and your primary sights are down.... Is that really needed?

On the other hand, Troy DiOptic sights are sexy and cool. You would be totally justified in saying, "shut your mouth Robocop. I like them and I want them." That's actually enough justification for me.

Crap! I don't know what's worse. Admitting I was an center of uranus, or admitting edgecrusher was right about something.

Probably both.  Nah, actually you do have a point about the BUIS.  So what scope do ya'll think I should put on this rifle?  Not looking to cross the $2k mark so USO and S&B are out.  Oh and I have a 1000y range not far from my house that I will be frequenting.

• 3 weeks later...