Matrix .338 Federal Pig Puncher

98Z5V

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Meh. I've never taken a muzzle device off to clean so no biggie for me

Same here carb cleaner and long Q tips.

It's not about the cleaning for me...it's about the ability to change out the muzzle device whenever I feel like it without having to have the thing welded & pinned again.

There was no carb cleaner & q-tips going to get that crap off the muzzle , took some scraping ( not on the Crown ) to even get it to chip away . Bronze brush & every kind of solvent I had to clean . Now I've never tried the " Fire Clean " I heard it works pretty good . 

The after photo , brand new

.post-11255-0-01517100-1438298980_thumb.j

I only have one pinned gun. I decided it would have a flash hider. Put a lot of thought into it. Also found a special fh with a .75 od so I can pull the gun apart if need be. I figure as long as you build it how you want it the first time, it shouldn't be an issue. My 16 and soon to be 16 have rifle lenght gas, otherwise they would be 14.5s

Edited by blue109

The Manimal.  <thumbsup>

Can't believe other people haven't followed suit on that - smart as hell. 

I'll probably send the brake, with the bolt, so they can machine everything perfect.  No gap between the barrel end and the interior of the brake, so no shiit gets caught up in the gap.  Need to make the call and see if they're willing to do that.  That's one way to set it all up at a perfect 16.1" overall. 

I'll order two blanks from another source, a hell of alot cheaper than $642 for a Kreiger blank. Three months sound about right. Good ole' boy pri¢e ! Got a hand guard I want you to try DA Custom will be selling them for $150 each with rails and adapter ring. Fits over gas blocks and is not flimsy thin Aluminum. Still need to get pics and instruction sheet done. Have 50 sets made.

Got a hand guard I want you to try DA Custom will be selling them for $150 each with rails and adapter ring. Fits over gas blocks and is not flimsy thin Aluminum. Still need to get pics and instruction sheet done. Have 50 sets made.

Looking forward to hearing and seeing more on this handguard, I still don't have any permanent plans for a handguard on the Matrix build..........

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Complete enough to test fire.  Picked up an in-stock Wilson Combat .338 Federal Match barrel, 16" overall, midlength gas.  Headspace checks out.  Used the Geissele Super Gas Block again, and pinned it.  Ready to toss a few downrange after I put a set of iron sights on it.  :thumbup:

PP Complete 1.jpg

PP Complete 2.jpg

PP Complete 3.jpg

PP Complete 4.jpg

PP Complete 5.jpg