• Visit Sportsmans Guide

Matrix .338 Federal Pig Puncher

98Z5V

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 2/11/2017 at 0:05 PM, shepp said:

I will not tolerate that kind of hate speach here on our forum!!! Don't make me punish you!!!!!!!!!!

side note: I do have a very loving home for unwanted and unloved firearms

Thank you Shepp for saying that. I thought I was going to have to say something like that until I saw your comment. That state of being does not exist.

On 2/7/2017 at 9:44 AM, 98Z5V said:

I'm sure he will be up for that - more people targeting the troublesome pigs at once, means more pigs go down in volley-fire!

Central Tejas, might not be far from me here at our fishing camp at lake Proctor in Comanche County.

Quick update here because it's relevant to matrix uppers and I'll do a longer update on my thread when I get a sec

Having an extra slot won't help. It looks like all the slots are slightly off from a standard AR10 upper, so the AR10 SPR SLEEVE by PRI will be off regardless. For those who don't remember, the first batch of matrix receivers were AR10 pattern (barrel nut) and the newer ones are DPMS. They are all AR10 style receiver cut.  I'm using LR barrel and BCG, with AR10 rail and barrel nut. Race mixing usually causes some issues with these guns lol. I did pull it all apart and reassembled it so it's solid and no interference, just a mild asthetic annoyance at the front end. 

Back to Tom's 338 build thread now. 

• 2 months later...
20 hours ago, blue109 said:

What's up shib! Quit hiding! Not really. This upper just doesn't match well with the PRI top rail. I'd have to tear it all apart and take measurements to figure out exactly where and why and don't want to do that right now so I'll live with it. 

Thanks though. 

Had to fall off for a bit. Kids issues needed my attention. 

LMK if you need help. Mike knows how to get a hold of me in a pinch.