• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

home security

mrmackc

If your door's on the thin side, add 7 or 8 coats of Rhino Liner. A buddy of mine tested it out on 1/4" steel plate, and it SUPPOSEDLY stopped a couple rounds out of his Barrett. I can't wait to verify this one....

Dammit, I wonder if this is finally the excuse I need to convince my bride to buy me a Barrett?   <lmao>  <laughs>

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It is a fairly simple to fix small screw holes and countersinks in a strikerplate. Take one small screw out and with a drill bit a couple sizes biggerthan the head of the 3" SS deck screw enlarge the counter sink in one hole run in the new screw and then do the next one. They sell reinforcement plates for the door lock and deadbolt.

I like the idea of painting the door with Rhino bed coating.

Edited by mrmackc

The flip-over limiters used in a lot of motels are a lot more effective and quicker to use.  Same thing here though, as un

forgiven noted, buy some longer screws for these, also.

Wife locked keys to the motel room in the room,we had door limiter flipped on the door.There were 2 entrances.Employee stuck a rolled up paper between the door and limiter and fliped it open in a matter of minutes.Don't put alot of faith behind it.

I don't normally talk about my security , but I had a package delivered to my door & I was out of town & informed my Neighbors that I would be away & we had some Monsoon rains coming ,so one of my Neighbors saw the package on my porch & stopped & took back to his house . I texted him & thanked him for picking it up . When I got home , he said , how did you know I got you package , I said I watched it dropped off & watched you pick it up . He said he has to get that system. <thumbsup>  <laughs>

Yeah, that is the kind of wireless camera surveillance system I am building, and I can use the WIFI on the new vehicle to couple my Kindle Fire HD in almost real time. Or maybe it is time to give up the TRACFONE and get a smartassphone reckon?I

Or, maybe,  be like Hilliary and have to put in my own server so that I can have to carry only one electronic device! :drool: >:D

Edited by mrmackc

A friend of my boss has a system like that one, one of his properties he was boarding horses an some other stuff for a woman who embezzled millions outta the city of Dixon IL ( he didn't know that part). Well the FBI came in and raided his property to get all her stuff, he watched it all from his iPhone, till the Feds took his computer.....

Edited by shepp

Got me there, J have an unsurppresed Okie on one side with a WB Chihuahua at the foot of the bed. I am connected to a CPAP pump and have a Ruger service 6 and a 1911 both fully loaded in the drawer and an unsuppresed Winchester model 94 against the bed

Sometimes life gets tedious.....

Edited by mrmackc