• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

FNX45

Sisco

Is the FNX dishwasher safe like Glocks?   That's the one thing that could sell me on a plastic gun.

What sold me on plastic pistols were the Danish special forces testing, against multiple steel and aluminum framed pistols.  

Mud tests, throw tests, run over with tracked vehicles, thrown from helos, frozen, heated.  While no firearms misfired, the Glock was the only pistol that could be picked up and fired after each test.  Not every other pistol failed each test, but only the Glock 17 passed them all.

That being said, I personally dislike Glock pistols and do not own one since quitting Corrections.

Is the FNX dishwasher safe like Glocks?   That's the one thing that could sell me on a plastic gun.

As my wife would attest, I avoid the dishwasher like the plague, so I would have no clue. Plus  with a 15 round mag, it is a lot more fun to go shoot up your dishware after dinner than wash it. With the price of targets, its competitive.

plus the wife gets to go to Ikea more to buy new stuff, so she's happy.

Edited by Sisco

I'm with ya on the dishes! I used to buy my kitchen supplies at garage sales and auctions and then treat it all as disposable.

It has been some years since I even picked up a Glock so maybe I should try one of the new models with the changeable grip. It has always been the feel in my hand that kept me on the metal side of the fence.

I'm with ya on the dishes! I used to buy my kitchen supplies at garage sales and auctions and then treat it all as disposable.

It has been some years since I even picked up a Glock so maybe I should try one of the new models with the changeable grip. It has always been the feel in my hand that kept me on the metal side of the fence.

Funny stuff Sisco!

Ya I know JT, I was a Bill Wilson, Ed Brown 1911 guy for a lot of years, but when I moved up to live a rural life in Idaho I would cringe every time I even thought I might scratch my $2800 pistol. lol

So I bought a Glock, and at first the grip was an issue, but after I shot it and shot it some more it just became second nature and isn't concern anymore.

Now I couldn't care less about what happens to it as I am out in the field working and see those small imperfections that occur as I am pulling fence or working the livestock as badges of honor! ;-)

Not to mention with any of my Glocks if I come across an awnry critter (or pissed off piece of dishware) I have 17 Rds (34 as I always have a spare +2 mag on me) of 147gr Gold Dot and a virtual lock on the ability to make a positive engagement on the threat under any environmental conditions.

Yes of course Glocks can fail too, hasn't happened to me yet, but it may/will someday and that's where the training and preparation comes in right.

What more can a guy ask for? ;-)

Edited by GreyGoose

Glad you like your Glock GG. I am not ruling out getting one someday. I have two polymer frame pistols now and find the biggest adjustment is the trigger, believe it or not. The polymer frame causes a different feel to the trigger for some reason. The Glock I would purchase would be the long slide in 10mm. That has become the popular gun to carry in Alaska if you don't want to lug a 454 Casul around in the brush. I am holding off getting a 10 mm because I know I would like it too much, then new pistol, new ammo, new reloading dies, other pistols become safe queens, etc.. Gonna enjoy the FNX for a while and decide what gets sold to make room for something else.

Glad you like your Glock GG. I am not ruling out getting one someday. I have two polymer frame pistols now and find the biggest adjustment is the trigger, believe it or not. The polymer frame causes a different feel to the trigger for some reason. The Glock I would purchase would be the long slide in 10mm. That has become the popular gun to carry in Alaska if you don't want to lug a 454 Casul around in the brush. I am holding off getting a 10 mm because I know I would like it too much, then new pistol, new ammo, new reloading dies, other pistols become safe queens, etc.. Gonna enjoy the FNX for a while and decide what gets sold to make room for something else.

You will be fine I'm sure, all these guns models are first rate high quality handguns for sure, its all a matter of what ya like.

I put Zev trigger connector bars and ext'd mag releases in all my glocks, makes for EZ control manipulations and a very acceptable and smooth 3.5 +/- trigger pull.

I am very like minded, want a 10mm G29, it the baby Glock 10mm model as opposed the the 20 which is full sized and I am not sure how much you save in weight bulk etc over the 454, the G29 would be a great chest rig gun.

I have a Ruger Tolkat is 454 Casull and it is heavy, but the revolving insurance in brown bear country is a small price to pay! lol

• 1 month later...

Update: After reading quite a few forums about owners unable to replicate this with their FNX45's there is some strong evidence that that wobbly grip video was staged with an airsoft replica of an FNX 45, or that the frame was preheated by some method to over 350 degrees. Any polymer frame would become pliable at those temperatures. Of interest is that you never see the individual fire the weapon. Plus, although the header shows a magazine alongside the weapon, in the video there is no sign of a magazine being in the firearm, or even close by. Obviously an airsoft magazine would look quite a bit different from the standard 15 round mag. I chalk this up to a staged video, and a another reason you can't believe everything on the Internet. Abe Lincoln told me that in a recent E-Mail.

Edited by Sisco

• 6 months later...

Took the FNX out for the third time in two weeks. Have put about 300 rounds through it over these sessions. No FTEs no FTFs,  Today I loaded 2 magazines with ten rounds each of a mixed bag of 230 gr ball, 230 JHP, and 185 JHP, and rapid fired one magazine, ejected, and loaded and rapid fired the second magazine at a target 20 yards away.  I have some new tritium night sights installed, which were exceptional. They need to be lightly tweaked for my eyes, but were ok for this work. The gun ran flawlessly with acceptable accuracy for the mixed ammo. The 185's are all high. My goal was to test reliability, and I think I have proven that to my satisfaction that this pistol is incredibly reliable. 

image.jpeg