• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Fall Coho are in.th

Sisco

Good luck Sketch, as the old parable goes; "Give a man a fish, you feed them once, teach a man to fish, you get him to spend a fortune at Cabela's, Sportsman's guide, Gander Mountain, Bass Pro Shops, etc. etc. etc.". I can't fish for the next few days, hope the run isn't over yet. We had some rain, so won't know if they are still in the lake until I get back out. When it's over, it's over, and on to hunting.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck Sketch, as the old parable goes; "Give a man a fish, you feed them once, teach a man to fish, you get him to spend a fortune at Cabela's, Sportsman's guide, Gander Mountain, Bass Pro Shops, etc. etc. etc.". I can't fish for the next few days, hope the run isn't over yet. We had some rain, so won't know if they are still in the lake until I get back out. When it's over, it's over, and on to hunting.

isn't that the truth, I planned on building an AR pistol this summer instead I built a large collection of lures to troll for walleye. I suppose if the world does go to poop I'll have a ton of sharp ass treble hooks to make booby traps with!

Hopfully going to the harbor tonight or tomorrow morning. My buddy was there yesterday caught two Browns and a stealhead. The guide I follow said this has been the worst year for kings/chinook he's seen since he's been out there they're not stacked in the harbor like normal. 

isn't that the truth, I planned on building an AR pistol this summer instead I built a large collection of lures to troll for walleye. I suppose if the world does go to poop I'll have a ton of sharp ass treble hooks to make booby traps with!

Hopfully going to the harbor tonight or tomorrow morning. My buddy was there yesterday caught two Browns and a stealhead. The guide I follow said this has been the worst year for kings/chinook he's seen since he's been out there they're not stacked in the harbor like normal. 

Good luck Shepp hope those Chinook show up. A friend is a professional guide on the Michigan side in Alpena, and he is seeing a lot of changes in Lake Michigan. Fewer and smaller fish. I won't get into the science, but the basic reason is destruction of the food web by Zebra and Quagga mussels. I was at the place on Michigan in the picture below Thursday as an observer for an emergency response drill for an oil spill. I would really like to try fishing there.

image.jpg

Good luck Shepp hope those Chinook show up. A friend is a professional guide on the Michigan side in Alpena, and he is seeing a lot of changes in Lake Michigan. Fewer and smaller fish. I won't get into the science, but the basic reason is destruction of the food web by Zebra and Quagga mussels. I was at the place on Michigan in the picture below Thursday as an observer for an emergency response drill for an oil spill. I would really like to try fishing there.

image.jpg

yea I watched a really cool show on the world fishing network about the lake and the changes its gone thru since the 60's. It was only an hour long program it needed to me about 2-3 hours long it was VERY interesting. 

Hopfully im able to post some pictures later today of some fish :)

I've crossed the Mackinaw bridge more times than. I can even remember! Miss that place. Don't get me wrong I love the mountains of Washington but the Great Lakes were awesome to grow up on!!!

I hear you. Washington/ Idaho would be the only other place I would live now.

yea I watched a really cool show on the world fishing network about the lake and the changes its gone thru since the 60's. It was only an hour long program it needed to me about 2-3 hours long it was VERY interesting. 

Hopfully im able to post some pictures later today of some fish :)

your talking my other passion man other than shooting. I am as involved in the Asian Carp battle, the invasive specie battle, the Quagga/Zebra mussel issue, ongoing research in the Great Lakes, etc. etc. as a non civil servant and non scientist can be. 

We fished for Kokanee today up near wolfs lodge, they are getting a little bigger, saw some guys pick off some 14"ers, we managed a few handfuls of 9"-12"ers.

Fun day with beautiful weather out on lake CDA with the kiddo's!

CDA is beautiful, no doubt. You guys are about ready for elk season aren't you?

CDA is beautiful, no doubt. You guys are about ready for elk season aren't you?

Ooohhhhhh yes we are!

Going on two hunts, one up the silver valley drainage just near the MT border to some secret spot of a family friends keeping, and if that doesn't convert into a dead bull we are headed up into the Selkirks to seal the deal.

Its been bulls only since my 18 yr old son has been elk hunting, and he has yet to make it happen, so please keep your fingers crossed for him!

Can't complain, the freezer and smoker are full.

Good for you man, wish I could say the same. ;-)

Check back with ya on my freezer status in a couple weeks tho...

Saturday the Elk season starts here!

The bulls were bugling last night not far from the house, was so cool to sit and listen to.