• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Fall Coho are in.th

Sisco

Good for you man, wish I could say the same. ;-)

Check back with ya on my freezer status in a couple weeks tho...

Saturday the Elk season starts here!

The bulls were bugling last night not far from the house, was so cool to sit and listen to.

Elkmeat  is the food of the gods as far as I am concerned. Good luck to you and your son. And to you Magwa. Hope you all get one. Last night I went up the road to watch the Northern Lights, and way up a couple of F16 from the Duluth ANG base were practicing aerial manuevers in the dark. All of a sudden one of them fires off a couple of IR decoy flares! Bright suckers! Fun to watch.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Elkmeat  is the food of the gods as far as I am concerned. Good luck to you and your son. And to you Magwa. Hope you all get one. Last night I went up the road to watch the Northern Lights, and way up a couple of F16 from the Duluth ANG base were practicing aerial manuevers in the dark. All of a sudden one of them fires off a couple of IR decoy flares! Bright suckers! Fun to watch.

that's cool!! I've only had one moose burger, but I've heard elk is only second to moose. 

Ah the joys of Michigan living. I've spent many a fall day splitting wood for the wood burning stove! We did use a hydraulic splitter though since the wood was delivered by the semi load! 

yep I do hydraulic now when I need to split. This is a semi load, but it is destined for the outside wood boiler, so no need to split it. I already have four and a half cords of oak split for the fireplace. This I just need to cut into fittable logs and haul and stack. That is work enough. Keeps me 67 years young.

• 1 month later...

The weather has been freakish, this is the first year I have ever seen people in Iowa deer hunting in short sleeve shirts!

late 90's I hunted in wi in jeans and a T for wisc deer season, which is the weekend before thanksgiving-the weekend after

Edited by shepp