• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

edgecrusher's Larue OBR 308 AR

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

the answer is yes. the .308 cartrige has higher pressures than 7.62 but it is my understanding that semi auto's generally can handle the higher pressures. i have shot .308 through my larue with no problems.  here is a link to a forum discussion here about that http://308ar.com/forum/index.php/topic,401.0.html

If I ever buy a fully-already-built .308 AR, it's gonna be the OSR OBR.

That's the best deal going for a full factory built rifle.  LaRue whips everybody else's ass in this category, hands down. 

Edge, I'm officially jealous now.    :-[ <thumbsup>

Wow, what honor. Maybe I'll ship it to zona before I go and we can shoot

If you're coming out here - it's a big state.  If you're coming anywhere close to the SE portion of the state, I've got a 600-yard range we can shoot on, and a badass sandwash I shoot locally - we can do anything down in that wash, man.  <thumbsup>  I'd gladly host you for a few days or weeks, man.  ;D

I've got "more than a few" 5.56 guns we can shoot, too.  If you time it right, we can hunt for some pseudo-piggies - the Javelinas.  Quick little suckas, right there.  <laughs>  It's a tough call between the locals here - some say you need to shoot them with the light bullets at higher FPS speeds, but I think the 75 and 77 grain bullets do a better job on them. It's epic.  <lmao>

• 1 month later...

i don't know, flux capacitor? i'll take it out and look in the morning. i have to go back to the range tomarrow, had a hell of a time sighting in my eotech on my pws. i got it good to 50 yds but it took 100 rds, all the .308 i brought today. on the plus side my gsg5 swallowed  400 rds and all the paper and water bottles are dead

That's looks like the QD part of the brake. Pull off the Surefire brake and replace with a can.

That ain't it, either - the Surefire can attaches directly to the brake - once you put the brake on, it stays, can or no-can.  That collar behind the brake isn't something I've seen yet, but it's not for a Surefire can attachment.  <dontknow>

There's barrel visible between the brake and that collar, so it's two separate pieces there...  It's either pinned on the bottom with two pins (not through the barrel, either), or it's set-screwed through the bottom - to clamp it onto the barrel...

• 2 weeks later...