• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

.300 blk bolt action

Madhouse

You can probably shoot sub sonic 110 gr.. I think Sub Sonic with most Rifle bullets ,you will get over penetration in a White Tail Deer , not enough Velocity to expand the bullet in soft tissue . You may also run the chance that the Bullet passes right through & the Deer doesn't drop like a stone , because of lack of expansion , runs off & leaves no blood trail .  Head shots ?

I've taken to 110 gr. Hornady V-max or the Barnes 110 gr. , I have seen videos of what they can do, but have not had the chance to put them through the paces myself , but will some day , its on my bucket list .?

I thought I saw a Barns 90 gr .load , with I think Zinc as a core , that speeds along at over 2500 fps. for the 300 BLK. ?  

Edited by survivalshop

• 4 years later...

Man, so I had to go back and dig this old thread up.  I just today shot this rifle and can for the very first time.

Do you guys do that too?  Buy something then stick it in the safe and take forever to get back to it?  Geez...…….

Anyway, super quiet can, great shooting rifle, real nice combo.  This should be a good pig harvesting setup.

1 hour ago, Madhouse said:

Do you guys do that too?  Buy something then stick it in the safe and take forever to get back to it?  Geez...…….

My personal situation is similar, but not identical - I'll buy something, shoot the shiit out of it - and stick it in a locker or safe...    And I'll "find it again" when I'm looking for another gun I might have forgotten about...   For real... :laffs:

I have this same rifle, too, man - Ruger American 30BLK bolt gun - I love it.  I need to suppress it, but I still love it just like it is. 

I miss GreyGoose...  

• 3 weeks later...