• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Low Profile BUIS Heights Needed

Does anyone here have a set of Troy Micro folding BUIS, I need the height from the top of the rail when folded?

https://troyind.com/products/micro-set-m4-front-and-dioptic-rear-fde

I'm looking for the lowest profile I can get in a set of FDE colored folding BUIS. Midwest has some at .4375" but nobody else wants give the numbers in the descriptions.

I've got a couple sets of the micro's on some SBR's. I don't have the exact measurements in front of me ( I can get back to you later on that). But just from judging using the ol Mark-I eyeball, they're pretty similar to some YHM spring-loaded folders that I have also. Approximately 3/8". I'll get you some more exact measurements later JT.

Magpul Pro front sight stowed above rail height = 0.43"

Magpul Pro rear sight stowed above rail height = ~0.37"

Those numbers are taken directly off the Magpul website. I know you were looking for Troy Micro heights but I thought I would throw that out there for reference. 

• 11 months later...

Still waiting for the Bobro to come back in stock, using some Matech and Magpul right now for those few occasions I shoot irons. BUIS seem to always take a back seat to other parts for a new build, someday I may get caught up and have everything outfitted properly.....but then I'm still short a couple quality optics since that goal got put on hold for a suppressor buying binge.

2 hours ago, jtallen83 said:

Still waiting for the Bobro to come back in stock, using some Matech and Magpul right now for those few occasions I shoot irons. BUIS seem to always take a back seat to other parts for a new build, someday I may get caught up and have everything outfitted properly.....but then I'm still short a couple quality optics since that goal got put on hold for a suppressor buying binge.

Prioraties lol, I'm doing the same just bought 1000 rounds of x39 and Im still waiting for my upper, but I wanted to get a good amount of ammo incase panic set in after the election. I like those Troy sights especially the rear. I've never used that style of sight before so I like the idea of the hashes on the rear. I don't plan on buying my optics for my arak till I got some extra cash or it goes on a sale hopefully. I'll probably end up buying a front from MWI, I've already got one of their rears.

BTW I see MWI has them in FDE

https://www.midwestindustriesinc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.display&category_ID=363

2 minutes ago, jtallen83 said:

Good deal, I'll buy MI before Troy any day, they must have recently started adding the colors.

I'm feeling that same urge to buy ammo, harder to fight the urge to shoot it though!

I think they did too, cuz I remember looking when you posted this, but then I never posted anything

I have a rear FDE Troy sight I grabbed to match up with a VLTOR CASV. I wish more companies offered colored sights. I'm not one to invest $$$ on BACKUP sights. Magpul MBUS sights are usually $50-$75 per set. I have more expensive, fixed sights on a NM rifle I built... but those are the primary sights. 

6 minutes ago, Rsquared said:

I like having the back-ups just as a "piece of mind" type of thing. The cost of them sure as hell beats the alternative. Don't get me wrong, as I said before, I trust the optics that I install and use on my weapons.

I do to, but one thing that really bothers me about bolt guns not having irons on them. Say I'm in bfe Montana on an elk hunt got 5g's into it, I slip fall bust my scope, your fucked

this x39 will be my "truck gun" I've got optics picked out. But like you say for the price why not have piece of mind

yeah, I agree. I just thought it funny that this thread started not long after the other one.

glass can break, batteries can fail, but if iron (aluminum) is as reliable as you can get. if BUIS fail than good thing we have 20 rounds in a mag to throw lead in the general direction. haha.

2 minutes ago, ARTrooper said:

yeah, I agree. I just thought it funny that this thread started not long after the other one.

glass can break, batteries can fail, but if iron (aluminum) is as reliable as you can get. if BUIS fail than good thing we have 20 rounds in a mag to throw lead in the general direction. haha.

This thread is actually over a year old I just necro'd it

10 minutes ago, shepp said:

This thread is actually over a year old I just necro'd it

Looks like it had some life left.

Noticed this from BAD while I was looking around for new sights today;

http://www.brownells.com/rifle-parts/sights/front-sights/ar-15-fixed-clamp-on-front-sight-prod85934.aspx?avs|Special-Filters_1=New