• Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Deer Season

Sisco

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is not about the Kill, it is not about the size of the rack, it is NOT about the experience!!!! it is about food there is no reason on this earth to kill another animal for any reason except to eat him the only exception is predators or varmits , I think that hunting has become a recreation, a sport if you will..... and I am ok with that if folks just remember it is about food so next time WASH!!!!!!!! shoot that deer lol I know it would have been good to eat....... seriously that is too bad he did not come back but the young ones always taste better.. :)

Mag   our freezer is full of hog,fallow,and whitetail...we were gonna donate the meat to hunters for the hungry.... after thinking bout this hunt while driving 7 hours back home....im pissed...why did I listen to the guide? well F me....the guide wanted Char to shoot a small eight too...she got the rifle scoped on the deer and then stopped and put the rifle down telling the guide that we got meat and she doesn't shoot just to be killing things....he looked at her like she was crazy.....thats my gal....doing the right thing      Wash

Mag   our freezer is full of hog,fallow,and whitetail...we were gonna donate the meat to hunters for the hungry.... after thinking bout this hunt while driving 7 hours back home....im pissed...why did I listen to the guide? well F me....the guide wanted Char to shoot a small eight too...she got the rifle scoped on the deer and then stopped and put the rifle down telling the guide that we got meat and she doesn't shoot just to be killing things....he looked at her like she was crazy.....thats my gal....doing the right thing      Wash

they ain't used to that, they're used to rich bastards that don't care about the meat and need to shoot a big rack to make up for their small Dick's and to pad their ego's

Sorry for the expensive lesson Wash. I have taken a smaller buck and kicked myself later in the season, but Mag is right. The smaller ones do taste better. Not that ten points is small! 

Hang onto some of those Mk319's for next year. Deer season ended yesterday here. Herd population was so low I didn't go out. Did not hear much shooting either. None of my friends even saw deer, although a couple of big bucks were taken I heard. Next year I ill be back at it.

Give Char a hug for me that is pure class... guides want to fill their hunters tags as fast as possible to get a big tip well it is your money and you shoot what you want why do they tell you shoot this one and not that one ? what BS hunting is taking the first good animal you want LOL  well I know texas has no public ground to hunt on but if you drove here I could show you where to hunt and you could just camp out and shoot what you want...

Thanks brothers...ill give her another hug......maybe the hunting Gods will look down kindly  on December 7th when the Doc slits me open..errr the robotic thingy slits me open...hope there's no machine malfunctions...stay away from my pee pee Mr. Robot      Wash

good luck with that. I was opened up earlier this year. Never fun.

Good luck Wash.  The first weekend of Mule Deer season was the opposite of the opening of Whitetail season, didn't see a Mulie all weekend.  But I did manage to bag two Whitetail bucks since they are still in season.  One was a very nice 8 point and the other was one identified by the biologist (our lease is on a management program) for culling.  Only 4 points with a deformed rack, but was heavy and very meaty when I quartered him.  Between the two we now have about 160 lbs. aging in the spare refrigerator.  We still have a bunch of doe permits and a couple more buck permits as part of the management program.  The nice part was getting both deer with the AR308 I built with the ammunition I loaded.

Excellent Bob always feels better with something you made or had a hand in way to go.... lets see some pics

On the top is the 8 point.  I don't have a whole" shot of the 4 point but his head is on the left in the tree where they are stored waiting for the biologist to pick them up.V__B161.thumb.jpg.dee2c396bef70eda0f5758V__05D5.thumb.jpg.ac5c940bb7e9a2015ed518

Edited by EngrBob

• 3 months later...

Rock River is everything I hoped truly a quality weapon. I was gonna get a standard operator or standard A4 had it narrowed down to those 2, but they had a RRA daily special, $1300 for the Predator HP. Bought it and I love it!!

IMG_1185.JPG