It Sucks going First.........

jtallen83

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

18-fun-fking-facts-about-curse-words-and-why-we-use-them-2.gif.d7779356473c5dda798858f07d1999e8.gifThat was FUN!

Burned through 165 rounds without issue. I'm not seeing a need for suppressor sights, no problem hitting at 15 yards, maybe for distance work but I'll be trying some of that yet this week. Noticed you have to pay attention to the suppressor coming loose, both from the barrel and the rear piston assembly, hoping that goes away after some rounds. Brought out the ear pro thinking I might need it for the 115 grain stuff but really didn't hear much difference between that and the 147gr subsonic stuff. Banging the steel was the loudest noise, got to remember some water for the next trip so I can see what it sounds like wet. Better get another 1,000 rounds of 9mm ordered up.

9mm.thumb.JPG.a73abe0e7959e688bd5e6f2d6ee32b10.JPG

47 minutes ago, jtallen83 said:

18-fun-fking-facts-about-curse-words-and-why-we-use-them-2.gif.d7779356473c5dda798858f07d1999e8.gifThat was FUN!

Burned through 165 rounds without issue. I'm not seeing a need for suppressor sights, no problem hitting at 15 yards, maybe for distance work but I'll be trying some of that yet this week. Noticed you have to pay attention to the suppressor coming loose, both from the barrel and the rear piston assembly, hoping that goes away after some rounds. Brought out the ear pro thinking I might need it for the 115 grain stuff but really didn't hear much difference between that and the 147gr subsonic stuff. Banging the steel was the loudest noise, got to remember some water for the next trip so I can see what it sounds like wet. Better get another 1,000 rounds of 9mm ordered up.

9mm.thumb.JPG.a73abe0e7959e688bd5e6f2d6ee32b10.JPG

Sounds like you had a blast  :evil:

Although the wait was long it sounds like it may have been worth it.  :thumbup:

3 minutes ago, unforgiven said:

Great looking setup brother, jealous.

The MK25 is actually the wife's, my MK25 stays with me out on the road but they shoot the same. can't wait to get that threaded barrel for the 1911 now. Then maybe a 9mm carbine with slide fire so I can really burn up some ammo! :cool:

That thing is sexy JT. I'd avoid the water though. All it does is turn into a gummy substance. And you really don't get much more sound reduction from it either.

Way to go brother. I'm happy for you. 11 1/2 months? Man that's F-ing long. No reason for it to be like that.

2 hours ago, Rsquared said:

That thing is sexy JT. I'd avoid the water though. All it does is turn into a gummy substance. And you really don't get much more sound reduction from it either.

Way to go brother. I'm happy for you. 11 1/2 months? Man that's F-ing long. No reason for it to be like that.

Had to try it wet, maybe a little bit quieter, could have just been in my head though. Won't be running it that way, messy, messy, and more messy.  I could deal with the gummy substance if it didn't distribute said substance on everything withing 3 foot of the pistol! 300 rounds through it already. Got a big family range day scheduled for next weekend so I may have to clean it before that so we can run it hard that day!

20 hours ago, jtallen83 said:

I could deal with the gummy substance if it didn't distribute said substance on everything withing 3 foot of the pistol!

:lmao:

20 hours ago, jtallen83 said:

300 rounds through it already.

Racking up the round count. Good job my man. Suppressors KICK ASS!

Yeah it is. But his is on a FN. Mine is only on a Sig or an HK :laffs:.  And this year I'll have the new can with me. The Ty-rant M. She's a little shorter when unscrewed of the nosepiece. To help her be a little less unwieldy. Though.......I was always happy with the original one for it's "silence", for lack of better words.

Turned in a .40 caliber Sig 226 in when I retired last year.  It was a good weapon indeed.  Heavier than a Glock but lighter than the Beretta model 96 Brigadier hog leg we were mandated with starting back in the mid-90(s).  Sigs are little pricey but with very, very few issues.  I hated to part with it, to be honest.  Very accurate weapon. :thumbup:

22 minutes ago, Rsquared said:

Well...........I think that you know one or two things on the topic my brother. :lmao:

Like I told wash this week - that shoe fits, so just go on and lace that bitch up...  :laffs:

• 1 month later...

continuing this thread i put in last may (2016) and recived can 2 (zepher xl ..22) today 14 months! had to redo finger prints 2 weekes ago but was approved yesterday!! holly shits this is fun !! word is now the dust has settled wait times will be shorter! and i have cash for another... 

I'm finding the cans are the cheaper part of the equation, just realized I have burned up 1,000 rounds in the 226 since getting the Ti-Rant. My 5.56 stash is down an ammo can full since getting home 6 days ago, don't even want to think about the 308 I've shot up and over 800 rounds of 300 BO. To be fair I would have shot a good bit of this suppressor or not but my ammo bill has taken a big jump for sure!

1 hour ago, jtallen83 said:

I'm finding the cans are the cheaper part of the equation, just realized I have burned up 1,000 rounds in the 226 since getting the Ti-Rant. My 5.56 stash is down an ammo can full since getting home 6 days ago, don't even want to think about the 308 I've shot up and over 800 rounds of 300 BO. To be fair I would have shot a good bit of this suppressor or not but my ammo bill has taken a big jump for sure!

very true statement!