• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Nut greese?

sketch

Local gunsmith wont tell but I found his supplier at my local hardware store. 

I was wondering what white lithium grease i should use on my barrel nut? Well i found a synthetic that has a higher temp rating than the white, and hwstore says thats what he buys? Thoughts?

image.jpeg

Stfu... sketch, we all know you saw the flag on the front and your pride shown brighter than that sequin dress you wear on the weekends. You don't need to make up numbers to hide the facts. Get out of that closet brother. Shepp and Blue are right behind you.... figuratively and possibly physically. 

You prideful bastards don't have to be ashamed of the lube or why you bought it. 

Is teflon no go? Shits since this morning ive had two sources say dry castle nut is the way they go? 

Robo your a raiders fan and weve all seen your skirt flip up enough times to go blind but im still a fan of yours ? 

18 hours ago, Robocop1051 said:

Stfu... sketch, we all know you saw the flag on the front and your pride shown brighter than that sequin dress you wear on the weekends. You don't need to make up numbers to hide the facts. Get out of that closet brother. Shepp and Blue are right behind you.... figuratively and possibly physically. 

You prideful bastards don't have to be ashamed of the lube or why you bought it. 

Just don't get the lube on the sequins.

• 2 months later...

For what it's worth, I was taught in the military to use the molybdenum-disulphide grease (relabeled Aero 33) when assembling the barrel to the upper, because it lacked graphite. Apparently graphite content can cause corrosion in aluminum. I just use a moly grease I found at my local auto parts place that doesn't have graphite for my personal rifles, and have never had an issue. 

Edited by SteveinUT

Ok all you guys/gal's have good products worth trying , but how many of you have taken a Barrel Nut off after it had been on for over twenty years , using one of these products ? 

Yes I have & the Nut came off just as easy as if I had put it on the day before & the product was Mil Spec grease , so I can say with out a doubt , it worked for an extended period of time .

Just saying .:thumbup: