• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Gas Much?

The Brass show signs of the Bolt smashing or trying to crush them because of them not being ejected & the unfired round , looks normal for one that was partly fed ,marks are from the Barrel extension locking lugs . You may have more then one issue , I didn't see the measurement of the inside depth of the Lower Receiver Extension , spring & Buffer look correct ,if using a Carbine Stock assembly

-Gas Block correctly lined up with gas port on Barrel.

- I agree , try to stay away from the exposed lead on the Bullet tip ,ammo .

-You could also need some feed ramp work .

-Ejector or Extractor could be restricting the Cartridge base from entering the Bolt face or one or both have issues with weak springs or Burr's , preventing them from working freely .

Edited by survivalshop

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
52 minutes ago, CrashOverRide.308 said:

Or what do you use to get the ejector out?

http://www.brownells.com/gunsmith-tools-supplies/rifle-tools/bolt-tools/ejector-tools/ejector-removal-tool-prod23114.aspx

Or just make one. I drilled a hole in a block of wood the size of the bolt then split it and drilled a hole for the ejector pin to be driven into. Sawed off a case head and used a clamp to force the ejector down with the case head.

1 hour ago, CrashOverRide.308 said:

Here you guys go. The progress of my 308 :)

Also. Will a Wheelers Engineering AR-15 vise work for the 308 platform? I cant seem to find many tools/blocks for 308 platform. 

PhotoGrid_1467529657295.jpg

Back in May  YOU   posted

So I finally took "Sheila" out to the range this past Sat for the first time since finishing the build. Lubed her up until she was dripping wet. I tested the adjustable gas block odin works. As much as I can until the bolt finally catches on the catch with an empty mag. Of course shooting 1 round at a time. Of course I have a feeding problem. I've read all the diagnosis here on the forums. I've written everything down to fix the feeding issue one at a time. And I will get this feeding issue fixed. but its not what I am here for. Yet....:embarrassed:

So now YOU are asking about  tools and vise blocks for 308's ? How in the FUK did you put this rifle together if  YOU are now asking about tools and vise blocks that YOU cant seem to find?  Your $hit dont jive ... put that POS down, and back away before somone gets hurt                         Wash
Edited by washguy

20160602_114202 (Copy).jpg

Right there ^^^^  What in the FUK is that shim for??? and what in the FUK is it made out of?

And my guess is you had no proper tools ,vises...or brainpower to assemble this and get it torqued down....go look up what the word torque means you nitwit

I knew something caught my eye everytime I looked at your $hit....You put a Piece of Cardboard or some piece o $hit material to shim up the barrel nut  to the upper You Stoopid Fuk Head.....    no wonder its about to explode and wont  feed or extract        Wash 

20160602_112935 (Copy).jpg

Edited by washguy

2 hours ago, CrashOverRide.308 said:

Also. Will a Wheelers Engineering AR-15 vise work for the 308 platform? I cant seem to find many tools/blocks for 308 platform.

This is what I use for 308 receivers...I've used it on both DPMS and Armalite style uppers & lowers...

https://www.plastixrevolution.net/products/308-upper-receiver-vise-block-ar10-sr25-lr308

https://www.plastixrevolution.net/collections/ar15-vise-blocks/products/ar10-sr25-lower-receiver-vise-block

1 hour ago, CrashOverRide.308 said:

Vise bench block. And this magwell. This looks like you can use for taking the bolt apart.

Wheeler Engineering Delta Series Lower Receiver Magazine Well Vise Block AR-15 Polymer

If you get the Wheeler make sure you get the SR25/LR-308 version...the AR15 version will be too small and unstable.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/175976/wheeler-engineering-delta-series-lower-receiver-magazine-well-vise-block-kac-sr25-lr-308-polymer

Edited by Fletch

34 minutes ago, washguy said:

I knew something caught my eye everytime I looked at your $hit....You put a Piece of Cardboard or some piece o $hit material to shim up the barrel nut  to the upper You Stoopid Fuk Head.....    no wonder its about to explode and wont  feed or extract        Wash

I see the fireworks are starting early tonight...

Good eye Wash...nice catch!

1 hour ago, washguy said:

20160602_114202 (Copy).jpg

Right there ^^^^  What in the FUK is that shim for??? and what in the FUK is it made out of?

And my guess is you had no proper tools ,vises...or brainpower to assemble this and get it torqued down....go look up what the word torque means you nitwit

20160602_112935 (Copy).jpg

1. Who are you to come and $hit on my thread? when I am respectfully asking for help and advice? Criticism here and there sure. But it seems like its all the time. I do apologize if I am wrong in advance.

2. I knew what I was getting into. I do have a bench vise. I do have some tools. When it comes to blocks I improvise just like anyone on here may have done in the past or still currently are. I used wooden blocks. I use what I can and when I can. Sure its not tighten down to "spec". I used what I could.

3. Where in the world did you come up with or even see me using shims or cardboard? Please dont open your mouth and blow non sense out. Thats anti-sieze grease. Color just happens to be brown/bronze.

Sure. You maybe a smart guy. And a very experienced guy. Of course nothing gets past you. And thats why I need yours and many others help. Maybe you're doing this out of my benefit. For my safety and others. But to make me sound and feel like an idiot on this forum so other forum members can see is not cool. Mistakes happens. Plus I dont have a wad of cash that I $hit out of my arse. Nor am I retired and have cash sitting around to spend. Or make that kind of money. This is my new hobby and I am starting to like it. I went from rice rockets, to off roading to salt water aquariums now this. Its a great hobby. A great skill I can add onto my life resume. Its a great hobby. Yes I know I made a few mistakes. Thats on me. Thanks for pointing that out Wash. I will fix those mistakes. If I was as experienced as you Ill give advice. Ill put my knowledge out there to help new people getting into hobby. But dont be disrespectful. Maybe I am reading you wrong and I am taking it the wrong way. If I am, I am sorry in advance. But please be respectful on someone else's thread when they're asking for any form of help or advice. 

For those who were kindly to even take the time to read my threads and give their solution for helping this new hobbyist. Thank you. 

Just be a little patient.

"Just be a little patient".  NOT when You can hurt yourself or someone else....Hell No I wont be patient....I can tell by the way the tang is not into the slot enough and the way the barrel nut is off the front of the upper to know YOU didnt tighten the handguard or the barrel nut down even close to what it needs to be. and YOU didnt have the proper tools to start with..all of these fine brothers here trying to resolve YOUR problems when YOU dont even have any way to torque the barrel nut down or measure the torque...which makes it hard for us to help. We are trying to figure out a multitude of problems which has been caused by You not even doing the basics...You didnt "level" with us on the assembly of your rifle ....you are an AZZHAT        Wash

". I've written everything down to fix the feeding issue one at a time. And I will get this feeding issue fixed. but its not what I am here for. Yet....:embarrassed:"           What are you here for ????    to show us pretty pictures ?  

Edited by washguy

Look! I understand that an experienced builder like yourself is angry and very impatient by reading your post here on my thread. I apologize. But one thing for sure is. I didnt LIE about anything. Thats why I am here asking for what kind of blocks members on here are using. Obviously my wooden blocks arent holding up to a 55-65lb torque. It made it to 35lb torqued. And obviously I am in need to tighten it down. 

Honestly. 

If thats just how you are, calling others liars for no apparent reason and making other's feel like an idiot. Obviously makes you feel better about yourself and superior. You dont have to post any of your 2cents and disrespectful BS here. Just move along. 

3 minutes ago, jtallen83 said:

These guys have good blocks and other fixtures for a decent price. I have used the multi cal vise block set without issue;

https://www.plastixrevolution.net/collections/combo-smith-tools

Thank You JT.

Thank you everyone else for posting up the links on my thread. I will have a look at all of them.