• Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

BIGBREW 308 BUILD

BIGBREW

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It can be a colabsaple stock, but it needs to be pinned so it can't move. 

When they first passed the SAFE Act you could only have 7 rounds, for everyone including police!!  I used to bust their balls and ask if they were breaking the law today. They would just laugh. That aspect of the law is been overruled, you can now carry 10. 

Now they want us to update our permits every five years. From what I hear this time around there is no cost but next time there will be a surcharge on every weapon in your license. I hear a bunch of clubs are pooling money to take that to court. All my info is up to date on my permit I can respect having the correct info (address etc.) But I don't want to pay a surcharge for every weapon on my permit. 

I'm in upstate, we're more conservative than NYC. Many local Country Sheriff's have refused to enforce the SAFE act and I know there is a Senator from the Syracuse area who is trying to get the law appealed. 

New York State would be a Republican state if we could lose NYC and the Buffalo area. There are a few counties that determine which way the state goes. 

Next year may be interesting, I think the Republicans may come out like they did for Trump next year because they are tied of the Democrats. 

Andy Cuomo is gearing up for a presidential run in 2020. That would be bad. 

I think NYC might have a five round rule if not they are 7. 

Edited by BIGBREW

16 minutes ago, washguy said:

Big     Im sorry for your loss :embarrassed:     Wash

I don't mind the barrel or stock rule, I'm building a range rifle. For me it's  the grip. I need something to hold onto. But if the pet l upper and lower are separated on the way to the range they are just "gun parts," not an actual gun.  

Edited by BIGBREW

Question.....barrel. I can find a 20 and a 24"  from what I read to each his own. I can't have threads, state regs. 

This is strictly a bench shooting gun, I won't be hunting with it. I'm a big guy I don't worry about a little extra weight. My dad who is 70 will be shooting this occasionally but he won't have to move it around that's my job. 

I'm looking for something that's in stock and not an arm and a leg. My dad is buying this piece, he's retired on a fixed income. 

Found these two. 

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/634615/dpms-sst-barrel-lr-308-308-winchester-bull-contour-1-in-10-twist-24-stainless-steel

https://ar15depot.com/lr308.htm/ard-lr-308-stainless-str-fluted-bull-1-10-twist-barrel-20-sst55

Again thank you in advance for your time. 

24 minutes ago, BIGBREW said:

Is there a way to use this extention for the buffer tube to extend this stock out a bit? Then I have the problem of the stock being able to spin because it's not locked into the lower.  

20170219_200832.jpg

Nope.

That's the 5/8" spacer used to run the A2 stock (with its longer vented screw).  It's not used to make the stock longer - it's used to make the rifle receiver extension fit the longer A2 stock.

2 minutes ago, jtallen83 said:

Midwest Industries makes a QD sling adapter that clamps the buffer tube and has the socket for the butt stock lug, not sure on the thickness, I have an extra at home I can measure and check for the socket fit on an A2 stock.

It's 1/2" thick