• Visit
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Aero Precision
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Faxon
MechArmor Defense Systems

TacOps Chg Handle 308AR Sales page

Greetings all, 

Please see below the sales page link for the ongoing 308AR Grp buy sales page. This page was never removed. Only the drop-in trigger pages were removed after we finally sold off old stock some weeks ago because of availability issues. Sorry for the mix up. 

http://mechdefense.com/products/308ar-com-group-buy-sale

4 hours ago, survivalshop said:

This kinda doesn't belong in the MechArmor page , General maybe or was it meant for the side charger thread ? ?

Yep, stupid phone, not sure how I managed to put it here? I was so proud I'd figured out how to post a link with my phone......

Actually this is Rick, not Van, but happy to do it. I am also about to do 308ar only body armor special for some of the new stuff I am about to start offering now that testing is done. This offer will be coming through my other company ( OuterArmor Tactical), so look for that as well.   Have a good one.

I was looking at that on your web sight the other day , lite stuff  , I have your other  Type IV Armor with side panels & I feel like I have a Democrat on my back the whole time  .   I'm interested .

Your Armor page on your sight is not showing up , I assume you are updating it .

LOL.... a FAT demon-crat if memory serves on that older Lev-4 stuff. But good to have for someone else when its needed, or to hang the plates on the back of your vehicles seats just in case ISIS decides to GeeeHad your ass...

On my personal vest, I have these 2.6 pound plates and my Israeli soft armor behind that, which I used during the first Lebanon war if that gives you and indication of how heavy that older Kevlar was, also 3 - AR10 30 rnd mags, 8 - 1911 mags, my 1911, folding knife, and the whole rig weighs exactly 20 pounds!  LOLOLOL... 

An M4 load out with Glock or Equiv mags and no soft armor will be significantly lighter. 

30 minutes ago, survivalshop said:

I was looking at that on your web sight the other day , lite stuff  , I have your other  Type IV Armor with side panels & I feel like I have a Democrat on my back the whole time  .   I'm interested .

Your Armor page on your sight is not showing up , I assume you are updating it .

The mechArmor Pages???  Yes, they are down because all of this has to start off with will be running through my OuterArmor site for tax reasons. That OuterArmor link you should have on my offer detail. 

12 minutes ago, survivalshop said:

I see you started a new thread on it .

Yeah, I stuck it around. I dont have the time to frequent these sites and thus, never get the hang of where the most appropriate places are to post such offers. I did ask Drew, but he never got back to me. 

Rick,

I just ordered a TacOps for my 308AR instead of going the side charger route.

Waiting (im)patiently.......:cool:

Yours looks like the kind of charging handle that should be standard on an AR rifle.

On June 23, 2016 at 3:42 PM, MechArmor Defense Systems said:

Yeah, I stuck it around. I dont have the time to frequent these sites and thus, never get the hang of where the most appropriate places are to post such offers. I did ask Drew, but he never got back to me. 

You can always hit me up

14 hours ago, bubbas4570 said:

Rick,

I just ordered a TacOps for my 308AR instead of going the side charger route.

Waiting (im)patiently.......:cool:

Yours looks like the kind of charging handle that should be standard on an AR rifle.

Hey thanks, and Van usually has them in the mail the next day, so it shouldn't be a long wait. And yes, we actually had a chance to get our handle into the Army's proposal for the new M4 upgrades, and after about a year they ruled out everyone else's handle leaving ours on the final parts list, but then about 6 months later the Army decided not to upgrade the rifle at all...LOL Didn't hear anything after that -  U.S Army!  If it really helps the soldier, they will let the Marine Corp do it...lol   I could write an entire book about all the BS and subterfuge surrounding my massive deal for my Praetorian-1 and P-2 Top Gunner Turret design prior to Obammy cutting their armor funding mid-2008. The Army task force literally came looking for me after walking away from the first two turret offerings. They said they wanted someone who had actually been shot at to design it for them. BAE and another company took more than 2 yrs to bring their reject designs to the field. It took me 3 days to design mine and another 3 weeks to have them the first one ready for ARDEC testing. And their engineers didn't ask for one single change or Mod on my design.

After all the smoke cleared, my design was voted #1 by army engineers who had the task of evaluating 5 turret designs, and also the one chosen by the Joint IED Task Force, and by General Casey himself, who demanded they get my turret to his soldiers without delay. And six months later was my first lesson on how nothing decent survives the Hodgy cleric in charge and govt corruption. But wait there's more!!  Which protection turret did the soldiers get in the end? They got the one that scored the lowest in all tests; the one that the task force engineers said, and I quote, "mine as well be made out of Swiss cheese", AFTER he picked up a hand full of gravel, threw it at the turret and soldier inside it, and asked if he got hit with any rocks. Turned out he got hit with lots of them. So, our brothers in the field got the one that met less than half of the Army's original list of 10 minimum requirements; my design exceeded that number, and of course they got the one that was and remains the most expensive turret unit. Who made that unit? BAE Systems! Wonder who greased who. Exactly the impetus that keeps me away from govt sales now. They just do not care even a little bit. Ok, done ranting....:drool:

Sounds like .gov to me. And I work for .gov on the county level.....same sheeeet, different people in charge of buying.

Your coming across as a biter hater of BAE. You must remember they have a proven track record with the defense of our country. Sorry about the bias opinion. But I do like your charging handle, it feels good when you pull it back. Fingers DONT catch on the sides of the upper rail.

21 minutes ago, MikedaddyH said:

Your coming across as a biter hater of BAE. You must remember they have a proven track record with the defense of our country. Sorry about the bias opinion. But I do like your charging handle, it feels good when you pull it back. Fingers DONT catch on the sides of the upper rail.

Not a hater, just pissed when our brothers in the field do not receive the best tools and or protection for the job when it's readily available. And if BAE was doing such a good job, then why did they produce the worst part for the simplest application? Must be more to this story aye? 

You are really fighting an uphill battle against guys like BAE and EAGLE. I have no doubt they schmooz with congressmen and .mil shotcallers on a regular basis. Lots of side agreements.

28 minutes ago, MechArmor Defense Systems said:

100%.. SSDD!  Sorry for sounding like a bitch..lol  I have few hot button's, but that is a big hairy red one! 

Only thing worse than trying to do business with the federal government is working for them, done both. At least when doing business with them you can tell them to go'fornicate'yourself!

2 hours ago, jtallen83 said:

Only thing worse than trying to do business with the federal government is working for them, done both. At least when doing business with them you can tell them to go'fornicate'yourself!

That is why I no longer work for them.

4 hours ago, MechArmor Defense Systems said:

Not a hater, just pissed when our brothers in the field do not receive the best tools and or protection for the job when it's readily available. And if BAE was doing such a good job, then why did they produce the worst part for the simplest application? Must be more to this story aye? 

I know quite a few people who work at BAE and they have some engineers that are idiot's ! My brother was one of them, but in another division making armored stuff.

Some of the products they make are fantastic and others barely function. The bullet proof vest are the best(IMHO) as are the helicopter seats. The helmets not so good. Dont get frustrated they grease all hands to make things happen.