• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Scored a free box of ammo

DNP

Well, a couple of weeks ago I had my survey crew working on a vacant lot in a somewhat hood section of town. They're looking to build a park here where the homies can hang out. One of the guys stumbled across a box of Winchester 1911 that looks like it either got tossed or fell out on the run. 9 missing. Duct tape was from my crew holding the box together. Neither of them needed .45, so they gave it to me. Guess I need to buy a 45. 

image.jpeg

Well then rush right out to you nearest LGS and get one!  Noone who ever bought a 1911 ever regretted the purchase, only that they didn't buy one sooner.  While there, buy a few different kinds of ammo.  Couple hundred rounds to start is good.  Trust me, you'll thank me later.  

enable enable enable...........

7 hours ago, survivalshop said:

Its like that one extra part for an AR you have laying around & turns into a complete rifle . Same with ammo , you got the ammo now build or buy a pistol around it .:thumbup:

One...crap. These came home yesterday. 

image.jpeg

I think 2 of them are going to get dedicated .22 uppers. Sketch says one has to be a .45 and I'll have to meditate on the others. 

I'm so poor at the moment they're gonna take a while. I still haven't completed the last pile of parts I have laying around. I may buy a few more small parts, but a 1911 will likely be in the safe before any of those 5 are functional. Just taking the gamble and getting a few locked up before the new year and hoping they don't further screw up the laws before we get there. 

9 hours ago, DNP said:

The second one from the end.....

I wouldn't mind. Pistol caliber AR.  I really would like a 1911 though. It's on the short list. The very short list. ....but there are so damn many choices

When in doubt go for the 5" standard, full frame, sights of your choice.  Quality.  Forged.

Edited by planeflyer21

4 hours ago, planeflyer21 said:

He said 1911 but there are too many too choose from.

Just helpin' a brother out! 

We all have a

almost... 

Carry or fun gun? Top o the line / working pistol?  Working top o the line!?? Pushhhh nudggggg ....

helping ?

I almost ordered a Wilson a few years back. I've looked at Nighthawk and Ed Brown. Seeing as I can't really carry the damn thing everywhere, I'll look for something closer to top of the line - but still capable of being taken out and shot. Won't be getting into any super-grades. Probably stick around or under the $2k price point. (Which means I still need to squirrel away some cash that the wife doesn't know about....shhhh).

On 7/28/2016 at 3:42 AM, DNP said:

I almost ordered a Wilson a few years back. I've looked at Nighthawk and Ed Brown. Seeing as I can't really carry the damn thing everywhere, I'll look for something closer to top of the line - but still capable of being taken out and shot. Won't be getting into any super-grades. Probably stick around or under the $2k price point. (Which means I still need to squirrel away some cash that the wife doesn't know about....shhhh).

I assembled two Wilson's from their kits last year. They turned out awesome , stainless steel and really cool serial numbers.