• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Big Trouble

98Z5V

3 hours ago, beantown said:

Look in the North Carolina Armslist. There is a M1A1 in there that is National Match everything for considerably less money.  Thought I'd just help ya out a bit. :laffs:

3 hours ago, beantown said:

Look in the North Carolina Armslist. There is a M1A1 in there that is National Match everything for considerably less money.  Thought I'd just help ya out a bit. :laffs:

Thanks, is this the one?

412820887.jpg

I checked out it isn't the one with all the goodies, the SN isn't right. That is a very good price for this rifle. I want the one with a air gauged barrel.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

51 minutes ago, Sisco said:

I am still shooting 30-06 handloads with 46 grains of 4064 that I loaded in 1979. I loaded 600, what can I say?

:fullauto:

We have been shooting a lot of LC 30 cal from 1964, never a FTFire and group nicely.  They have been stored inside in a climate controlled shop. Wish I had a couple of thousand M80 7.62 NATO L.C. from then. I have 200 rounds of 1962 LC National Match in 20 round boxes, I hate to shoot it up, I want to keep it. That is the last I have.

21 hours ago, mrmackc said:

We have been shooting a lot of LC 30 cal from 1964, never a FTFire and group nicely.  They have been stored inside in a climate controlled shop. Wish I had a couple of thousand M80 7.62 NATO L.C. from then. I have 200 rounds of 1962 LC National Match in 20 round boxes, I hate to shoot it up, I want to keep it. That is the last I have.

The 600 rounds of 30-06 I have loaded up is in once fired National Match brass that was a gift from a General in ordnance to my Dad who was supervising Engineer of a weapons project back in the 1960's. They just showed up on our doorstep one day with a return address of Picitiny Arsenal, New Jersey. Great brass. I still save them, but I don't think I will ever need to load more.

2 hours ago, Sisco said:

The 600 rounds of 30-06 I have loaded up is in once fired National Match brass that was a gift from a General in ordnance to my Dad who was supervising Engineer of a weapons project back in the 1960's. They just showed up on our doorstep one day with a return address of Picitiny Arsenal, New Jersey. Great brass. I still save them, but I don't think I will ever need to load more.

I had some good luck in 1963. I was on

Tdy at a Navy-Marine Reserve Center in N Central Texas and was assigned to take some artillery reservists to Fort Sill for annual rifle training and Qualifications with their M1 rifles. I went to the ammo supply dump to Requisition  ammo. The army supply Sgt. said that they had a shidt load of 3006 ball in clips in bandoleers and no M1 rifles so he gave me a whole shelf full of 3006 metal boxes and said don't bring any back,  shoot it all up. I only had two officers and 18 enlisted. We shot up all but 4 boxes and the Executive Officer said take the left over ammo back in your deuce and half. He had his personal M1 and knew I had mine so we each got 2 boxes.

On 10/3/2016 at 5:26 AM, survivalshop said:

I've been looking at the Ruger American in 300WM , I 'm having a hard time talking myself into it ,because I have no place to air the cartridge out , nor do I really have a need for one . Where you live & shoot , at least you have the distance to use that caliber . I even have a new set of never used RCBS Die set for the 300 Win  Mag. 

Do you need them ?

THAT would be awesome, brother!!!  Tell me what you'd like for them, and I'm all over that one!... 

Just now, 98Z5V said:

THAT would be awesome, brother!!!  Tell me what you'd like for them, and I'm all over that one!... 

You can have them , I will not need them , I've had them for a couple of years & as I said , I have no where to really use a 300WM , that cartridge needs some air for it to travel . The 308 has all I need or can use down here . Just PM me your address & after the Hurricane finishes with us , I will send them . 

I have some once fired brass I send with them , I think PIP , I'll have to look .

DSCN2763.JPGDSCN2764.JPG

On 10/3/2016 at 10:10 PM, mrmackc said:

Thanks, is this the one?

412820887.jpg

I checked out it isn't the one with all the goodies, the SN isn't right. That is a very good price for this rifle. I want the one with a air gauged barrel.

Well I found myself a new in the box Springfield National Match M1A loaded with a air gauged competition barrel at my favorite local gun shop. 

I found one on the internet and called my friend at the local gun shop to ask how much he would change to do a FFL transfer. He asked why I didn't buy from him. He has several new ones in stock. Gave me a price $100 less than I was paying, no shipping, no transfer fee. I was kinda ashamed that I didn't check with him first. I have bought two new guns from him. He is a good young guy, a cop trying to get a clientele established, he is really into tac arms  class lll license, and he is into suppressor and night vision hog hunting, and does Creocoating.

I pick the M1A up tomorrow afternoon.

12 minutes ago, mrmackc said:

A few .308 Nostler 168 match full magazines shy of $2K with my discounted.  It will reach out there and touch someone. I got it for competition shooting. And because it will be my last iron sight shooter.

You know there's not many hills between you and me.  Be careful how far East you aim. :laffs:

1 hour ago, Sisco said:

Thought about grabbing this for myself before I posted, but I have enough.

https://www.cdnnsports.com/springfield-armory-loaded-m1a-308-national-match.html?___SID=U

I went up there and looked at this rifle, a very good price and an excellent M1A, They are kind of flooding the market now, why I don't know, good investment for just a little more than an ounce of gold bullion.

On 10/5/2016 at 5:36 PM, mrmackc said:

Well I found myself a new in the box Springfield National Match M1A loaded with a air gauged competition barrel at my favorite local gun shop. 

I found one on the internet and called my friend at the local gun shop to ask how much he would change to do a FFL transfer. He asked why I didn't buy from him. He has several new ones in stock. Gave me a price $100 less than I was paying, no shipping, no transfer fee. I was kinda ashamed that I didn't check with him first. I have bought two new guns from him. He is a good young guy, a cop trying to get a clientele established, he is really into tac arms  class lll license, and he is into suppressor and night vision hog hunting, and does Creocoating.

I pick the M1A up tomorrow afternoon.

Got the M1A today it came in a nice cloth range bag, maybe I'll take some photos of the vintage old 7.62 NATO army rifle when I get the sling added. Do you think I should use a new leather 1907 sling or a Beachin' sling? I have several leather 1907 slings, but only one Beachin' sling in black and it is on my LR 308.

Did someone say I need to buy another Beachin' 2 point sling? ....speak up I can't hear you!

image62573-a1e5f70a4e66c0fb3abccadc065ae

Pew!...Pew!...Pew!

Varrrooom!

Edited by mrmackc
DUUUUH!

I know I will be kicking myself, but I gotta stop sometime.

4 hours ago, Rsquared said:

That's a hell of a price for a Springfield M1A. Surprised you didn't pounce on it Sisco.

13 minutes ago, mrmackc said:

Got the M1A today it came in a nice cloth range bag, maybe I'll take some photos of the vintage old 7.62 NATO army rifle when I get the sling added. Do you think I should use a new leather 1907 sling or a Beachin' sling? I have several leather 1907 slings, but only one Beachin' sling in black and it is on my LR 308.

Did someone say I need to buy another Beachin' 2 point sling? ....speak up I can't hear you!

image62573-a1e5f70a4e66c0fb3abccadc065ae

Pew!...Pew!...Pew!

Varrrooom!