• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Big Trouble

98Z5V

8 hours ago, Sisco said:

Definitely leather. That fine rifle screams "leather".

For that classic look and range use:  http://www.brownells.com/shooting-accessories/slings-sling-swivels/slings/competitor-plus-rifle-sling-prod1268.aspx

For that classic look and field convenience:  http://www.brownells.com/shooting-accessories/slings-sling-swivels/slings/quick-set-latigo-sling-prod1180.aspx

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, planeflyer21 said:

Planeflyer guy, I was looking at these Latigo slings on the Brownells site last night. I have one of the original Latigos on my customized 03A3 since the 1960s! It is still flexible. I like it also except the price and I have 3 brand new surplus 1907 leather slings in the cabinet. I keep them flexible with Lexol. It isn't as good as I would like, I havent found any as good as neatsfoot oil, nut it is messy, any recommendation?

I was surprised when the gun shop owner opened the cardboard shipping box!  This is a good touch with an Inside pocket for literature ,a outside zippered pocket for 3 magazines and a cleaning kit. The literature was excellent and included a good discount order sheet for M1A accessories  (magazines) etc., a one time deal for new owners. After I shoot it awhile I will strip and Tru-oil the stock.

The rifle looks good with the new old stock M-1907 leather rifle sling. The sling is stamped with a manufactoring   date of 1977.

I still like the looks of Jacob's Beaching slings and the way they work, and may order one, if I can decide what color would look best.  Comments Jacob or anyone?

Edited by mrmackc

Fulton does an amazing doing the M1, you will really enjoy shooting it. I thought  i needed to  get the M1A NM before some politican changed the US Supreme court and messed up the 2nd amendment  and caused a civil war.  I loved my old M1 but so did my 50 year old son.

1 hour ago, mrmackc said:

Fulton does an amazing doing the M1, you will really enjoy shooting it. I thought  i needed to  get the M1A NM before some politican changed the US Supreme court and messed up the 2nd amendment  and caused a civil war.  I loved my old M1 but so did my 50 year old son.

Excellent point. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. And I am not above it. That is all I am gonna say.

2 hours ago, unforgiven said:

Outstanding purchase Mr. Mack love that rifle. A 1903, and an M1A would be great additions to my lovely Garand. I have decided to send my Garand to Fulton Armory to make it competitive for the "Garand class" .

That is great news. I look torward to hearing about the improvements when you get it back.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks Brothers. Took a while to dial it in with M80 then adjust for my reloads. But I am happy with the result. those are standard, not National Match sights. not going to scope it. It taught me sight picture discipline already, learned scopes and red dots have made me a little lazy.  Like the feel, guess I am a little retro old school, still love my 10's though.

48 minutes ago, washguy said:

Sisco   so tell me how history soaked real wood feels next to your cheek and in your hands compared to aluminium?

Wash

:laffs:About this time I start talking about a woodie. Humor aside, my first ever rifle as a 12 year old was a sporterized 1917 30-06 Enfield design made by Winchester. This brought back memories of carrying and shooting that during deer season- a wood service rifle stock has a feel like no other. I love my 10's, but this is the service rifle of my youth, and when I was a kid I couldn't read enough about it. So yeah, it feels fantastic. Can't wait to go again. A totally different shooting experience than an AR 308. Definitely not as technologically advanced, but solid as all steel and wood can be. First thing my son said, "That is a beautiful rifle".