• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

The FUR is in process!

bubbas4570

My FUR (Fukn' Ugly Rifle) is in process to be assembled! All the parts have been accumulated, with the upper on order from Midwayusa.com.

Standard rifle lower, with a Dissipator upper.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/951250/del-ton-ar-15-dissipator-a3-upper-receiver-assembly-556x45mm-nato-16-barrel

the upper^^^^^^^^^

The ugly part comes from having different colors and manufacturers of furniture along with a different upper and lower manufacturer, mutt internals....:fullauto::fullauto::fullauto:

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, planeflyer21 said:

Fixed it!  I'm diggin' on it!  Can't wait for a range report.

:thumbup:

THANKS!  I never thought of that acronym.   I like it even better now....because that is how I feel about dissy's also.  I have always liked them since the early 90's (when I owned my first AR) and only now gotten around to owning one.

Thanks for the comments guys!

Range report:

BEEEUUUTIFUL!!!!! I love it.

Zero failures in 75 rounds downrange, from first to last. First ten shots to check zero, functioning,  then mag dump! If I do my part correctly,  I can hit the little bottlecap sized rocks in the 100 yard rear berm, standing, unsupported.

The FUR shoots better than I, no questions.

And the reasons for only a 75 round test.....I forgot my ammobox so I only had 3 mags with me and two rifles.

:thumbup::fullauto:

7 minutes ago, bubbas4570 said:

Range report:

BEEEUUUTIFUL!!!!! I love it.

Zero failures in 75 rounds downrange, from first to last. First ten shots to check zero, functioning,  then mag dump! If I do my part correctly,  I can hit the little bottlecap sized rocks in the 100 yard rear berm, standing, unsupported.

The FUR shoots better than I, no questions.

And the reasons for only a 75 round test.....I forgot my ammobox so I only had 3 mags with me and two rifles.

:thumbup::fullauto:

:thumbup: One sweet looking rifle as well.

Awesome!

2 hours ago, bubbas4570 said:

I hate it when that happens.  For instruction purposes I have pistols down to three calibers:  .22LR, 9x19mm, and .45acp.  Still need my two revolvers in 9mm.

On 10/15/2016 at 7:33 AM, planeflyer21 said:

FUR is very reminiscent of my very first AR, a Bushy Dissy back in '97 or so when I got it.  The only difference at a quick glance is the muzzle brake and lack of a carry handle on yours.

:drool:

Yours didn't have the A2 flashhider?

• 3 months later...