• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

The FUR is in process!

bubbas4570

On 02/16/2017 at 8:33 PM, Armed Eye Doc said:

I'm sure Jacob from Beachin Tactical would give you a good deal on a surprise sling of whatever color he has too much of.  It would be a great sling as well as match your grab bag of accessories. 

Seriously,  the man has great product. 

That might be a good thought, as I cannot make the old sling work the way I want it to now.

5 minutes ago, blue109 said:

Yup. IWC makes a similar product at a similar price but the noveske mounting system looked like it fit my needs better. The Tango down mount was cool as well, I just don't like the sling mount up by the receiver.  

I don't either, but it is becoming more and more popular

Robo tried running one of my slings that way and if memory serves the measurements don't lend themselves to it well

21 hours ago, beachmaster said:

I don't either, but it is becoming more and more popular

Robo tried running one of my slings that way and if memory serves the measurements don't lend themselves to it well

Great.....maybe it will work for me....ape arm length going on here.

But I will try it, and if not....then I will go to trying that flush mount in the stick.

• 3 weeks later...

I have the mount on the A2 stock from Blue, and received the sling from Jacob...all I can say is WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!!

I really like the mount up by the receiver on the side, and running that Beachin' sling makes the FUR so much easier to carry and sling up than the old sling I had on there.  Plus Jacob's design doesn't slip/slide around much for me.

I can see where there might be a bit much on the cut length, but it all lends well to cross body carry and the African style carry I use. The plus on having the sling mount up by the receiver is the rifle carries higher than with the mount on the rear of the stock.

• 3 weeks later...

Range/time report.......

Jacobs' sling does exactly what I need it to do for me. I can see where the cut length might not work in all situations,  but I love his work and the sling. There NO complaints from this boy!

And the Tango Down mount from Blue109, this works for me also....I just did a bit of research on how to render these mounts "non-rotation" and so far my efforts work well. Fine tuning will, provide best solution in the future.