• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Proper use of armorers wrench.

Nyx

Wow this thread really went to crap!!:laffs:

I dont think the torque is that serious. I sure it has to be pretty close. Like SurvivalShop said he hasnt you a torque wrench in a very long time. I would think the little hardware is more crucial when it comes to torque cause its soo easily over torque a lot.

Talk about a thread going right down the sh!tter...

I don't see how it makes any difference how the armorer's wrench or crow's foot wrench is oriented in relation to the torque wrench. You're applying the same torque at the same point, which for any given wrench is 'x' distance from the center of the fastener being torqued to the center of the drive hole. You divide 'x' (in inches) by 12, add that to 1, and multiply the torque registered on the wrench by that number to figure the actual torque the fastener is experiencing.

To use the example posted earlier, a wrench that measures 4" from the center of the barrel nut to the center of the 1/2" drive square is still going to provide 33.3% more torque than what the wrench shows. You're moving the actual "torque point" out 4" from the point where the "gauge" (the torque wrench) is reading, whether you insert it 90° or 180° to the wrench.

36 minutes ago, Sisco said:

:thumbup: We have one wanting to go in near us less then a quarter mile from a trout and salmon stream. 10 Million gallons of pig crap a year.

Areas of North Carolina are screwed with all the flooding.  All the pig crap is overflowed from the factory farms, now added to dead pigs and other animals floating around and decaying.

10 hours ago, planeflyer21 said:

Areas of North Carolina are screwed with all the flooding.  All the pig crap is overflowed from the factory farms, now added to dead pigs and other animals floating around and decaying.

?Oh that smell ? , Can't you smell that smell ? the smell that's around you !?

2 hours ago, Sisco said:

I used to believe it when they said cereal was good for you, until I passed a magic decoder ring. I am gonna be checking the cereal boxes a little more carefully.

I ate the decoder ring once.  It never came out.

Every once in awhile though a QR code shows up above the waterline in the toilet.

I wonder what known/unknow forces tilted this thread from poop to Post Toasties.oh well whatever.... I get all my cereal information from my 8th grader 4.5 GPA granddaughter. I thought a.4.0 was a perfect GPA, she told me she got extra.5 for doing special projects. Anyway she clued me onto her favorite cereal.  I got some. It is marshmallow-mushroom. Wild! I am now addicted.

My preference is the Allsups regular milk or 2% .I always also have a cup of Folgers classic roast leaded. I reckon I need to post pictures, in case someone imposes The Rule?

Picture of milk in white glass in front of white wall 

Don't show up too well with B &W film.