• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

North Dakota members, shout out!

bubbas4570

Believe it or not, the winters here are not as bad as portrayed be the news media. This misbelief falls under the same idea about the heat in our desert regions from the southwestern states.....not as bad as it is portrayed in movies and such.

I would rather have our dry cold, than any lake effect snow/cold from having large water bodies near. It is funny to see how the only time we make the weather news is when  there happens to be a storm moving through, that would make me think that,  by news reporting/correlation,  there is nothing but rain storms on the eastern coast, and heavy snows around New York!

11 minutes ago, bubbas4570 said:

I take it those persons weren't wonderful?   ....I know some of us can be different at times....:thumbup:

Actually a good friend of mines dad moved them out there in grade school he and his brothers roads out there in the back of their truck, he's back here now. Another guy I know worked in the oil fields for 15 years, he lived in his suburban, odd dude but super nice! Literally would give you the shirt off his back if you asked. 

On 10/21/2016 at 4:55 AM, bubbas4570 said:

Believe it or not, the winters here are not as bad as portrayed be the news media. This misbelief falls under the same idea about the heat in our desert regions from the southwestern states.....not as bad as it is portrayed in movies and such.

I would rather have our dry cold, than any lake effect snow/cold from having large water bodies near. It is funny to see how the only time we make the weather news is when  there happens to be a storm moving through, that would make me think that,  by news reporting/correlation,  there is nothing but rain storms on the eastern coast, and heavy snows around New York!

Keep on thinking that Bubba , but I have been in Williston Narth Da-Ko-da in the winter, trying to use a pick and shovel to dig ice  out of some R.A. storage bunkers!  BRRRRRRRRR BRRRRRRRRR

On 10/22/2016 at 4:54 PM, unforgiven said:

Are far are you from the boom town area brother ??

I live in Mandan, which is fairly centrally located.  I have actually lived, worked, and drove semi-trucks out in the patch. I would not trade what i do, and where I am for that again.

The oil patch area is more or less the western 1/3 of the state, with it concentrated towards the upper part, rather than the bottom area.

8 hours ago, mrmackc said:

Keep on thinking that Bubba , but I have been in Williston Narth Da-Ko-da in the winter, trying to use a pick and shovel to dig ice  out of some R.A. storage bunkers!  BRRRRRRRRR BRRRRRRRRR

I know we do have some cold weather, and THAT is normally when one needs to be doing something outside for the office jockey......happens every time.

4 hours ago, bubbas4570 said:

I know we do have some cold weather, and THAT is normally when one needs to be doing something outside for the office jockey......happens every time.

4 hours ago, bubbas4570 said:

Some days you just have to pull on your big boy overshoes and insulated coveralls and get out there and do some work!  AND GITT'ER DONE!

• 10 months later...
On 10/20/2016 at 9:37 PM, bubbas4570 said:

Are there any members living in ND?

It would be real nice to know that I'm not heading into winter without some backup for sufferin' through the colder months.

Hello from Grand Forks, ie, Grand Forks Rifle Club. Yes winter is coming though we are still having fall weather for now.

Been in Minot in the middle of winter. Dry Cold? It is cold, period. No colder than living on Lake Superior though. We are cold year round, probably 15 degrees lower then the surrounding area in the summer.  In the winter we are about 15 degrees warmer until if and when the Lake freezes, then we are just cold again, period. I like the cold until February, then I get sick of it. Time to bail then.

• 2 weeks later...

Moffit, Carson, Mandan. ...they are all windy.

Our buffalo cartidge shoots in Carson were sometimes very interesting,  all windage used up and adding some kentucky windage in to "assist".:cool:

Next time you are down in the Moffit area, give me some notice, I will try to get out there and meet up if you want.

Edited by bubbas4570
piss poor fingers