• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Sum of a bfg

sketch

Fellas a few months ago i fell into the bigger bore rifles (.450 bushy) that didnt quite come to pull my ccard the right way... But when you have cash in hand at a lgs its like you have to give it to them when they say take this instead of that $!!?

So long barrel changed to a short one!! 

.458 cal Tromix 8" ss with headspaced bolt.

standard ar15 bc

slr adj gas block .875 id

blem psa ar15 upper w/ parts

grabbed a blade stabelizer buffer/tube excetra

white (not coated) ff 8" handgaurdBarrelnut included

Sights and lower and color tbd..

for now im using my .300 pistol lower with sig brace. 

This might be perminite for this cal over the blade you can guess why ?

The build required me to open the ejection port about 1/8" that got a lil sketchy but it was a blem anyways hahaha.

Next was the ff hg and the slr gas block.. Ughh the spring screw on the side of the gas block was hitting the inside of the rail.  aluminum files easiely and i dont see any way the power of this round will affect if it flexes some?

first box of ammo showed up today? Buffalo bore 405 gn 20 rnds 60$ shipped,  gonna take a while to break this in at that price!

Couple notes:

dont use duck tape the dremmel eats that shits and runs with it!

used a .50 ae for scale in opening ejport

22-3/4" oal

adjustable gas for future shhhhhh!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, shepp said:

It's got a dig brace on it, it's a pristola

Do you have a pig snortin' flame thrower of a flash hider that's 2 1/2" long ? Remember it has to be 26" long.

This is for Washington State ? Correct ? If so, the 26 inch rule applies !

An exception may be if the lower is originally registered as an AOW. Don't trust me ... Make sure !!!!

2 minutes ago, MikedaddyH said:

Do you have a pig snortin' flame thrower of a flash hider that's 2 1/2" long ? Remember it has to be 26" long.

This is for Washington State ? Correct ? If so, the 26 inch rule applies !

An exception may be if the lower is originally registered as an AOW. Don't trust me ... Make sure !!!!

Ahhh I forgot left coast rules!

On 10/22/2016 at 0:33 AM, MikedaddyH said:

Pretty sure that if it's a rifle, it must be at least 26" long; minimum overall length length for rifles, as well as 16" minimum barrel length.

Pistols don't care about minimum length.

1 hour ago, 98Z5V said:

Pretty sure that if it's a rifle, it must be at least 26" long; minimum overall length length for rifles, as well as 16" minimum barrel length.

Pistols don't care about minimum length.

That's correct. If the 26" rule applied to pistols you would need a helluva flash suppressor for your 2" Chiefs Special!

1 hour ago, 392heminut said:

That's correct. If the 26" rule applied to pistols you would need a helluva flash suppressor for your 2" Chiefs Special!

Certain States require the total length of an AR pistol to be 26" long. Must check your State. Some require engraving on lower receiver. Some DONT allow vertical grip. Those items vary from State to State.

No pistol build can have a vertical grip, at all.  Otherwise, it's not a "pistol" anymore.  That's BATFE, and it doesn't matter what any state says about it.  Adding a vertical grip to a pistol build converts it directly into an AOW, and you have to pay for it and wait, through BATFE.

If it's a pistol, and it's over 26" long, it falls into some weirdass category.  That's how Franklin Armory got over on the AFT, and made this thing, WITH a vertical grip...

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2011/10/foghorn/franklin-armorys-new-ar-15-is-neither-a-pistol-nor-a-rifle/

Edited by 98Z5V