• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Meprolight Bullseye Sight

planeflyer21

2 hours ago, ARTrooper said:

doesn't one of the rules fall into play here so the rest of us can know how well it works? lol

Nope, because I wasn't asking about them.

They are on the "short list" for ordering.  Seen plenty of hundreds of beginning students struggle with "Keep the sights aligned perfectly, while squeezing the trigger, in line with the target and focusing on the front sight."

With E-sights, no issue.

This is half the price of an E-sight.  That's a no brainer.

18 minutes ago, ARTrooper said:

this might actually really help me a lot because I am left eye dominant but right handed.

The bad news is you should be shooting from the side on which your dominant eye resides, just like with rifle or shotgun.

The good news is males' dominant eyes often changes in mid-life.

yeah but when you start shooting from age 5, not much you can do to change that. lol. I can shoot with my lefty because it is required, but not very well. sadly my father never knew what was "wrong" with me when I was younger and was trying to lean my head all the way over a rifle stock to use my left eye. it wasn't until I started bowhunting at 10 years of age that I realized I was left eye dominant and had been trying to use my wrong eye for so long.

27 minutes ago, ARTrooper said:

yeah but when you start shooting from age 5, not much you can do to change that. lol. I can shoot with my lefty because it is required, but not very well. sadly my father never knew what was "wrong" with me when I was younger and was trying to lean my head all the way over a rifle stock to use my left eye. it wasn't until I started bowhunting at 10 years of age that I realized I was left eye dominant and had been trying to use my wrong eye for so long.

Break your right hand you'll learn to do lots of things left handed. I never did shoot left handed, I was able to whack ducks still 

I have the same issue, left eye dominant and VERY right handed.  It took some practice but it is now very comfortable for me to shoot from the left side.  Going to triggers with very light pull has helped quite a bit since I don't have the dexterity with the left hand that I do with the right.  You will be surprised that with practice it becomes more natural with time.  The ARs are no issue and there is no need for a special left handed model.  That is not the case with bolt action guns like my Ruger American 30.06, or with pump or automatic shotguns.

23 minutes ago, EngrBob said:

I have the same issue, left eye dominant and VERY right handed.  It took some practice but it is now very comfortable for me to shoot from the left side.  Going to triggers with very light pull has helped quite a bit since I don't have the dexterity with the left hand that I do with the right.  You will be surprised that with practice it becomes more natural with time.  The ARs are no issue and there is no need for a special left handed model.  That is not the case with bolt action guns like my Ruger American 30.06, or with pump or CHEAP, er, inexpensive automatic shotguns.

Bob, is that Benelli calling your name?  Maybe a nice Beretta para il lefties!

https://www.thegunwriter.com/21393/product-review-meprolights-ft-bullseye-pistol-sight-wvideo/

I was able to find this review on it, the glare problem might mean a no go since I operate around bright emergency lights. who knows though, might still give it a try for my personal someday.

https://www.botach.com/meprolight-ft-bullseye-fiber-optic-reflex-pistol-sight-w-tritium-reticle/

cheapest I was able to find it.

5 minutes ago, ARTrooper said:

https://www.thegunwriter.com/21393/product-review-meprolights-ft-bullseye-pistol-sight-wvideo/

I was able to find this review on it, the glare problem might mean a no go since I operate around bright emergency lights. who knows though, might still give it a try for my personal someday.

https://www.botach.com/meprolight-ft-bullseye-fiber-optic-reflex-pistol-sight-w-tritium-reticle/

cheapest I was able to find it.

I see botach has most on back order might as well say "good fucking luck" 

Mike Pannone shoots right handed, and uses his left eye now.  Never used to.  Had to learn to do it.  According to him, his right eye was "explosively removed."

The guy was one of my Pre-Scuba Instructors in 1995.  He is one bad mother...  :bitchslap:

Image result for Mike Pannone

If you pay attention, you can see the extra scope riser in this pic, and see the head angle:

Image result for Mike Pannone

9 hours ago, shepp said:

Break your right hand you'll learn to do lots of things left handed. I never did shoot left handed, I was able to whack ducks still 

I was pounding nails at work for a month and went fishing for 4 days left handed.. Pratice lefty once inawhile.